Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
At least it's something - Jan 16th Snow/Sleet/Ice OBS Thread

The 4 Seasons

6 minutes ago, tunafish said:

I think we need to wait for the closed Low to get into the GOM for us to get ours.

Admittedly that's a total guess. But that's what I'm thinking.

Lava trying to rush the snow in, Not suppose to end until around 04z.

Screenshot 2024-01-16 130001.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was getting impatient too, partly because my wife is at work and was asking me if I thought they should close the office early. This is a tricky borderline-type event in terms of amounts and timing; most schools are open, but at least a couple are doing early release.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Speaking of breweries, how is Hitchcock. We dined at the Farm Table for the first time in a while and I don't remember that being open the last time we went.

Also went to Redemption Rock in Acton. Meh

Fun place to hang out, live music etc.  Beer is just ok.  The double bottom IPA, Belgian Wit and Hurricane Porter are decent. 

• Like 2

Snowing pretty heavily here now with OK snow growing fairly low visibility. But man the back edge of this band is maybe 10 miles to my west. Being saved by radar Beam drift for a little while perhaps.  But further south and east looks like there’s no brakes in the action and you guys are gonna be 6+.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PWMan said:

I was getting impatient too, partly because my wife is at work and was asking me if I thought they should close the office early. This is a tricky borderline-type event in terms of amounts and timing; most schools are open, but at least a couple are doing early release.

decent rates atm

4 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Snowing pretty heavily here now with OK snow growing fairly low visibility. But man the back edge of this band is maybe 10 miles to my west. Being saved by radar Beam drift for a little while perhaps.  But further south and east looks like there’s no brakes in the action and you guys are gonna be 6+.

Kinda stuck between forcing right now. Midlevel goodies back toward PF and the isentropic lift to our SE. If you loop ENX you can see the midlevel lift sliding east so we should pick up again later. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Kinda stuck between forcing right now. Midlevel goodies back toward PF and the isentropic lift to our SE. If you loop ENX you can see the midlevel lift sliding east so we should pick up again later. 

I am seeing that. It’s sort of hanging on here and probably at your house too because of the northeast winds and maybe things will fill in before the real dry area stops the snow here. I mean we are at a quarter-mile visibility right now, so I probably Looks like that might happen, but I’m thinking down towards Manchester, and over to their east it’s probably really piling up.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

I am seeing that. It’s sort of hanging on here and probably at your house too because of the northeast winds and maybe things will fill in before the real dry area stops the snow here. Looks like that might happen, but I’m thinking down towards Manchester, and over to their east it’s probably really piling up.

I’m in CON and it’s pounding with huge growth

33 minutes ago, PWMan said:

We had early release which is probably the right call as road conditions will be much worse 230-3PM than they were 1230-1PM.

14 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Yeah, being to your west, I'm currently stuck in no man's land. Radar over my noggin not lookin' to good.