Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WINDEX threat 1/14

ORH_wxman

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Wiz for sure should be excited for this 

For sure, been super busy the past few days but looking at this now. 

It's definitely impressive looking. NAM even spitting out a few hundred J of SBCape. 

Going to do a blog post. It's like May in January :thumbsup: 

Kevin is right too with the wind potential. Those llvl lapse rates are wild so mixing winds down won't be an issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DavisStraight said:

I remember quite a few back in those early 90's great winters but not sure any were better than 2010.

I wanna say it was 03-04 where we had some impactful ones around the morning commute in SNE.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah that was awesome…1/8/20. I was talking with my wife about it the other day because we went out in the middle of it for groceries. But yeah, that was a streamer that made it through your area and survived my way versus a long N-S oriented squall line that ripped through here right from central NY. 

A fantastic 3 hour dump that gave gave you 7 and me 5.

Some other notable WINDEX events I remember: 

Feb 10, 2008

Feb 2, 2001

Mar 3, 1996

Nov 23, 1994

Dec 1, 2003

We had a good one in I think Feb 1989…awful winter but good squall that dumped a quick inch  can’t remember exact date though.

The 1/28/10 event though was by far the largest for me since it dumped a quick 4”…the 1-2” events happen every now and then but 4” is rare outside of the mountain-enhanced terrain spots.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Feb 10, 2008

Feb 2, 2001

Mar 3, 1996

Nov 23, 1994

Dec 1, 2003

We had a good one in I think Feb 1989…awful winter but good squall that dumped a quick inch  can’t remember exact date though.

The 1/28/10 event though was by far the largest for me since it dumped a quick 4”…the 1-2” events happen every now and then but 4” is rare outside of the mountain-enhanced terrain spots.

We had one when I was a kid in the 80s. I remember it was murky during the morning, but ended up with thunder and 2-3”. 

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Feb 10, 2008

Feb 2, 2001

Mar 3, 1996

Nov 23, 1994

Dec 1, 2003

great stuff as always

this was our most recent one that I can recall... disco picks up for the fropa on page 18

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Feb 10, 2008

Feb 2, 2001

Mar 3, 1996

Nov 23, 1994

Dec 1, 2003

02/19/22

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

So does this progress from the west? Or is that where it starts? Cuz that look has nothing for most of us in CT except the eastern 1/3. 

Starts out in PA but it gets better as it heads east and the mesolow tries to form. Someone could pick up advisory snowfall if they get a little mesolow pivot…we’ll see if that develops or not but most likely spot would be NNE…can’t rule out a bit further south though for the beginning of the enhancement. Should at least be interesting to track. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I recall one I wanna say was after 07 cause it was after I bought the house in Waterbury, we had heavy accumulating squall event right when school let out and a lot of buses got stuck and a couple had accidents, with all them hills it was insane

20 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

I recall one I wanna say was after 07 cause it was after I bought the house in Waterbury, we had heavy accumulating squall event right when school let out and a lot of buses got stuck and a couple had accidents, with all them hills it was insane

Yeah that was 1/28/10

• Thanks 1