Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco 2: Total Obliteration is Coming

Jebman

8 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Don't know why we can't seem to have snow-cover when we get a cold snap like that...don't think it's happened since 2014!

It's because we often warm up after our decent snows and it takes time for the cold to get reestablished. We'll even lose snowcover when we get cold following moderate snow because of insolation/melt or sublimation.

There are rarer times when we get extended snowcover and cold, but it's simply not our climo.

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Only place above freezing on the east coast is the southern half of Florida. Whatever does fall is going to be a glacier.

gfs_T2m_us_36.png

If its about 15 around DC at 1am then unless there was a strong cold frontb  8 or so hours before then daytime highs preceding and following ranging 25-30

1 minute ago, StormyClearweather said:

Ukie

image.thumb.png.214fa51453014766381f91bb76a31c8d.png

Not a good trend. 

I will add that we are still a good ways away from this. Plenty of time for change. And for once I’d say slower is better. If this ends up a late Tues/We storm it might be a good thing

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Not a good trend. 

I will add that we are still a good ways away from this. Plenty of time for change. And for once I’d say slower is better. If this ends up a late Tues/We storm it might be a good thing

It's because the Ukie is overamplied.  So I'd say we're in between with the JV models on the board

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

I'm gonna keep it real I would rather the storm fade into oblivion then this be a NW of 95 special. Sorry

SN anywhere in the region is a good thing ... I hope you get 8" ...

... and I get 18.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Not a good trend. 

The low isn’t se and it isn’t the euro so it’s fine. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic