Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco 2: Total Obliteration is Coming

Jebman

Just now, stormtracker said:

It used to annoy me too, but I actually like it now and hope he keeps it up.  It always alerts us to the worst outcome or the pitfalls of the storm, which we need to be alert for.

General agreement but in this case he’s just pulling a Ji - it’s not three feet so he’s bitching. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah, I actually liked the gfs op run verbatim quite a bit. Chances keep coming the whole 16 days.

Our first real chance since Feb. 2015 at sustained "deep winter" if everything comes together with the caveat of it occurring in the heart of winter and extending into our best climo period.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Oh, I’d take the GFS In a second. Try to explain what I meant….

Here are all 12z runs at 126 hours

46f9d287be2ba3f5348355ad6707831e.jpg
28cdcfd3094d2b6e32cd0aa11152a8fa.jpg
b0fa55f91d13af8efb300a292360ef02.jpg

With this progression you play a dangerous game with how strong the wave can be. Can easily have a N trend in this setup as models tend to always have better phasing as we get closer. Us having snow vs rain just comes down to how strong/sharp the shortwave and trough are

This progression…. You’d have absolutely no issues with cold as the second lead wave dampens the flow. It is what it is we’ll see

1a539ba93c53d4edae84af6d40615d85.jpg

I’d def not be upset with 4-7” of smoke

I get what you're saying and you're right if we got even more separation but there are risks with that idea too.  The euro control was going to be a miss.  That trailing wave is really positively tilted without enough separation and I'm not sure we can get that to trend enough at this point.  

At least everything has converged on the second wave being the key, instead of that lead wave that has no hope.  But you're rooting for that 3rd wave, which does have the highest upside potential, but I'm not sure its viable, were getting closer and would need a huge adjustment to get to that solution. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, HighStakes said:

Our first real chance since Feb. 2015 at sustained "deep winter" if everything comes together with the caveat of it occurring in the heart of winter and extending into our best climo period.

Even without the snow, probably the coldest 1 week/10 day period in awhile. 

• Like 7

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic