• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

You’re getting crazy bud…it was a blip run. 6z came back nicely on Euro, and GFS, and EPS.   I mean c’mon..you’re a meteorologist for god sakes. It would be like a cop panicking during an emergency situation…hold it together.  If 12z shats the bed, then you can tell us you told us so. But at 6z things to have stabilized. 

I get where you are coming from and I'm not concerned about inland CT. Just the shore to my hood before the horrible 00z euro the shore was already very borderline .. Most of our clients and following is on the immediate shore so we have more at stake.. The CT shore i can see 0-2" or 6"+ of paste .. But you inland guys are still looking great for 6"+ 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

You’re getting crazy bud…it was a blip run. 6z came back nicely on Euro, and GFS, and EPS.   I mean c’mon..you’re a meteorologist for god sakes. It would like a cop panicking during an emergency situation…hold it together.  If 12z shats the bed, then you can tell us you told us so. But at 6z things to have stabilized. 

He’s not panicking. It’s perfectly ok to state details without the snow goggles on. Everything doesnt have to be awesome but that doesnt mean everything is bad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I get where you are coming from and I'm not concerned about inland CT. Just the shore to my hood before the horrible 00z euro the shore was already very borderline .. Most of our clients and following is on the immediate shore so we have more at stake.. The CT shore i can see 0-2" or 6"+ of paste .. But you inland guys are still looking great for 6"+ 

Ok fair enough.  It’s all good. Didn’t realize that about your clients. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He’s not panicking. It’s perfectly ok to state details without the snow goggles on. Everything doesnt have to be awesome but that doesnt mean everything is bad. 

I wasn’t meaning that…he got my point. And absolutely no snow goggles on here bra. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It is ironic to me that Wolfie usually has a much stronger emotional sounding reaction than the person he says is panicking . I mean panic lol is a stretch but he has concerns at his latitude 

30 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Looking at 00z euro soundings theres a warm layer at 800mb up to central CT.. the 6z euro was much colder aloft luckily ... let's hope that 00z run was a blip ..

image.thumb.png.8626d59d00d3b37c190d43613aee89c0.png

I wouldn't call that a blip. That's been hinted at and something to absolutely watch for. This is exactly why as you get closer you analyze and assess forecast soundings instead of just rip and reading QPF/snow maps. This is exactly why I start looking at soundings 3-4 days out. They can provide hints and clues missed by just looking at maps.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It is ironic to me that Wolfie always has a much stronger emotional sounding reaction than the person he says is panicking . I mean panic lol is a stretch 

Steve agreed…and didn’t see his angst either. Neither did I, that 6z bounced back. I also didn’t realize his point about his clients being on the shore. So as I said..it’s all good. 

44 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not seeing your panic at your spot. Ct shore always in peril with East wind but column is pretty damn cold.

35 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

We hold firm. 

26 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It was a blip.  Calm down. 

8 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I wasn’t meaning that…he got my point. And absolutely no snow goggles on here bra. 

CT crew holding a players only meeting to clear the air and get right before game time :lol: 

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Totally with you. People freak out when models trying to different way in one run. Just as some people grasp on to miles that may show crazy amount of snow. Point is, I mentioned this couple days ago. The windshield wiper effect. Bernie reyno always talks about that and It couldn't be any truer. Just go right in the middle and we're going to do just fine in southern New England.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It is ironic to me that Wolfie always has a much stronger emotional sounding reaction than the person he says is panicking . I mean panic lol is a stretch 

Lol we love our resident predator but when he senses a slither of less than everything is awesome posts, he pounces and starts tearing through flesh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Someone around here is gonna have some power problems for sure. Those areas just inland that may be hovering around freezing. Could be that area southwest of Boston from Canton to Sharon.

If you get 1 inch of slop and Braintree gets 9” will you either drive your son to the snow or light the kids swing set on fire or both 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If you get 1 inch of slop and Braintree gets 9” will you either drive your son to the snow or light the kids swing set on fire or both 

I’m prepared for porkage but hoping not. I won’t feel as bad if the next two storms are rains to Le Quebec Plaines.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

06z GFS gone wild. Double digits for most of SNE. 

I told everyone the next run of this model was likely to go large late last night...  I explained why in a small paragraph - I mean with the tsunamis of posts though...  Anyway, I feel pretty good about not getting missed at this point.  If something like that were to happen it would be a blind-sighted bust

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

FWIW, the 06z EPS tracks really close to the 06z OP run....maybe a bit SE of the OP run.

Looks like there is still some spread with members to the west. I think I do ok, 4-5” but sitting at 250’ might hurt me vs higher elevations in Windham County and adjacent RI

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I think the E side of ORH hills sets up nicely for a jackedy Jack Jack 

Weenie ridge by wawa if I had to guess this far out sounds as good as anywhere

Where’s it cold and decent fronto yeah could be there into SNH. I haven’t looked hard yet.