• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

Chips fall mode at this point. Other than these weird Euro runs I loved what I saw on guidance overnight. I feel a little less worried about the shoreline out here. 

Onset timing and the intensity of the thump are my biggest concerns. Let’s do this. 

• Like 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Chips fall mode at this point. Other than these weird Euro runs I loved what I saw on guidance overnight. I feel a little less worried about the shoreline out here. 

Onset timing and the intensity of the thump are my biggest concerns. Let’s do this. 

pretty much, its just getting annoying now. Overnight runs were overall very good. I never thought id say toss the euro run inside of 24 hours, but here we are. Maybe it was better when we only had 12 hour cycles ha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Reggie gets us into CCB more so . If we get into that for a few hours that’s how our area goes 12+

That Reggie jackpots me…I’ll take it but the Reggie ain’t the best model anymore. Although the GFS looked real nice in CT too.

• Like 2

Just now, MarkO said:

I can't remember the last time NWS was so bullish on totals 12-18" for Lowell, 5-9" for cabin. I was thinking about 2/3 those totals.

I’m definitely jaded from always coming in under the forecasts for the past few years and feel the same way - maybe 2/3rds for my area. Who knows, maybe this one actually works out this time?

if we’re raining on Wednesday then I’m good with getting less than the apparent 12” or so NWS is thinking. If Wednesday has a chance to not be inches of warm rain, let’s get started on stacking piles. 

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

pretty much, its just getting annoying now. Overnight runs were overall very good. I never thought id say toss the euro run inside of 24 hours, but here we are. Maybe it was better when we only had 12 hour cycles ha

I don’t think it’s weenie goggles to say it’s been really inconsistent wobbling from strung out dry slotting mess to a solid hit the last 48 hours or so. It’s not tossed but if it were any other model we kinda know it would be. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

What the hell happened to that model, that's like a NAM level drunk move

It’s bad now. I’m definitely tossing it.  Flops all over the dam place. 

4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I think they really ruined it when they added the off hr runs…it seems to really flop around since those have been included. Tossed. 

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I don’t think it’s weenie goggles to say it’s been really inconsistent wobbling from strung out dry slotting mess to a solid hit the last 48 hours or so. It’s not tossed but if it were any other model we kinda know it would be. 

No weenie goggles here, and as you stated solid hit one run, strung out mess the very next, and back again.  That’s not a good performance. 

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

No weenie goggles here, and as you stated solid hit one run, strung out mess the very next, and back again.  That’s not a good performance. 

It’s not. But there is the chance it’s a red flag for the system . Half asleep and haven’t looked how the euro made part 1 lame , did it take SW thru meat grinder , Scott