• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, Sandstorm94 said:

Few more ticks and even southern VT in the valley will rake87903798ad244e5d33cf553413a04058.jpg

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

Greenfield and Brattleboro have similar outcomes in these events.  It’s nice to have someone new and local on the board.
Since you’re transplanted from the South, I’ll welcome your snow enthusiasm to balance my jaded commentary, when everyone East of us is doubling our totals in some of these events.  

:D

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MarkO said:

I've had it since last Thursday. Yesterday seemed to be the worst. Still annoying, it'd moved from my sinuses to the lungs. Is this the RSV people are talking about? Worse than the two episodes with Covid for me.

Probably.  Mom's has lingered for three weeks.  They both tested positive for RSV antibodies.  It's all over the place down here in western CT.  The clue is that it's course is quite different than the classic cold or COVID.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Greenfield and Brattleboro have similar outcomes in these events.  It’s nice to have someone new and local on the board.
Since you’re transplanted from the South, I’ll welcome your snow enthusiasm to balance my jaded commentary, when everyone East of us is doubling our totals in some of these events.  

:D

I think we'll do very well in Central and western Mass. Better thermals.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We expected that. It will bounce between the left/stronger and right/weaker goalposts until go time. 

Can see the H7 RH fields backfilling to the west so I think overall it would be a good solution.

As was mentioned earlier, it is all a matter of perspective.

I did a bit of research before moving and saw Brattleboro averages 12" of snow a year. While that is lower than other areas of New England (esp. the higher elevations/ski areas), that is still 24x more than where I lived previously in the south. My main opinion is long as the ground is painted white and mood flakes are falling, that is ideal, just enough to enjoy the beauty of it all while not having to worry about road/business closures. I have been scorched by warm noses far too often and dealt with enough SLT/ZR events to let even an inch of snow ruin my mood by wishing it was more.

We are not living in the Rockies or Midwest where wide scale events are far more frequent and need more dynamics here on the east coast to score, so we should all take what we all can get and by virtue a single rule: no shut out= a successful winter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Here's the precip totals through 12z the 1st batch of WCB , everyone in this forum is cold enough to snow, with more after this as mid levels fill in image.thumb.png.1338cfac5ab30e9a26d78216bee2790c.png

That's a 50% cutback in qpf from the 12z run at that time frame.

qpf_acc-imp.us_ne.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sandstorm94 said:

I did a bit of research before moving and saw Brattleboro averages 12" of snow a year. While that is lower than other areas of New England (esp. the higher elevations/ski areas), that is still 24x more than where I lived previously in the south. My main opinion is long as the ground is painted white and mood flakes are falling, that is ideal, just enough to enjoy the beauty of it all while not having to worry about road/business closures. I have been scorched by warm noses far too often and dealt with enough SLT/ZR events to let even an inch of snow ruin my mood by wishing it was more.

We are not living in the Rockies or Midwest where wide scale events are far more frequent and need more dynamics here on the east coast to score, so we should all take what we all can get and by virtue a single rule: no shut out= a successful winter.

They average more than 12”….lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Sandstorm94 said:

Plus from Brattleboro you can drive to some deep snow spots in under an hour!
Hit me up if you have any questions about the valley from Brattleboro to Northampton, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You will average close to 60” in Brattleboro, 

That sounds about right. As a testimonial, I grew up in Albany, which averages in the low 60's, and traveled frequently with my Dad to Brattleboro. The aggregate snow amounts seemed similar.

• Like 1