• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

28 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

OH  ha... you mean "John"  ?

I thought you guys knew each other's names but FXWX poster's name is John

man I was staring at that trying to figure out what the f you meant by that.  Truth be told though ... sometimes it does feel one is speaking to an empty room.

LOL No worries....just a bad joke.

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

e21 would be a hoot lol

E31 please and thank you.

My thoughts haven’t really changed. Slight nod to the Euro camp, moderate event here. Would love some amping but as long as the GFS doesn’t win out it’s a solid event. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

My thoughts haven’t really changed. Slight nod to the Euro camp, moderate event here. Would love some amping but as long as the GFS doesn’t win out it’s a solid event. 

Solid is all we need to get up off the floor..let’s do it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wish they had high res Euro soundings instead of connecting points every 200mb and make it look like a 5th grade graph paper assignment. 

You used to be able to do ukie ones on the Plymouth vortex site with like 4 levels. lol

That's what I mean. I'd like to see better resolution. Just seems like connecting dots at mandatory levels. God forbid they offer that.
The weathernerds site has sounding data out to 240 hours for the 00z and 12z ECMWF runs. Here's an example from a random point I picked in New England at hour 90 of the 06z run. It looks like a bit better resolution than on WxBell and there's also a data readout from any pressure level you pick on the sounding.

https://www.weathernerds.org/models/ecfull.html?&inittype=zoom&initfield=Get_Skewt&initcycle=determine&initfhour=090&initimdimx=1050&initimdimy=630&initrange=55.000000000000:230.000000000000:20.000000000000:300.000000000000&initcx1=0&initcy1=0&initcx2=0&initcy2=0&initcross=False&initsound=True&initsoundx=847&initsoundy=196&initloop=False&initoverlay=False&initlstart=000&initlend=240&initlint=3&initol1=Get_Skewt&initol2=null&initol3=null&initol4=null&initol5=null&initcities=On&inithgwys=On&initunits=On&initlatlon=Off

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Could I interest you in some e37?