• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

It's fun to watch some of the comments. We won't have a final solution until Thursday, Friday time frame. We're going to get that windshield wiper effect for the next few days. I wouldn't be surprised if it ticks up again and back the other way a few times.

There is some serious stuff going on in here.
DON'T MESS WITH "MY" SNOW!
There are so many other events, endeavors in life to get upset about other than the weather.
I don't frequent this forum or participate like I used to. I hear a murmur of clapping in the background.
2 years without a solid event brings out the best in people. NOT   

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

There is some serious stuff going on in here.
DON'T MESS WITH "MY" SNOW!
There are so many other events, endeavors in life to get upset about other than the weather.
I don't frequent this forum or participate like I used to. I hear a murmur of clapping in the background.
2 years without a solid event brings out the best in people. NOT   

What are your thoughts Roosta? Plowable incoming? 

15 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

It's fun to watch some of the comments. We won't have a final solution until Thursday, Friday time frame. We're going to get that windshield wiper effect for the next few days. I wouldn't be surprised if it ticks up again and back the other way a few times.

Goal posts will be pretty well set by Thursday 12z. 

• Like 3

Would be foolish to lock in any sort of solution until we see how the trough digs over the W-US and interacts with the surrounding dynamics. The models are having a difficult time placing and orienting the shear vorticity feature behind the trough, which has a direct impact on synoptic scale forcing for our cyclone.

It's an age old adage, but once the SW hits the west coast, improved sampling at the upper levels should lead to a decisive move. While I'm not saying throw out tomorrow's guidance, I would expect a distinct trend that emerges around 0z tomorrow night to be the fate of the system.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good disco all. Agree with too many middling chefs being a key impediment and setting a 4-8" ceiling. And not much CCB has chance to develop early enough as we saw in the bigger runs earlier today.

Quick glance at 12z vs 18z GFS, why the jump?

Was wondering if it was different intensity vorticity depicted early in the run and/or a more destructive interaction? I'm still not sure, but you can see differences already at 72hr 12z vs. 66hr 18z on shortwave energy in western Texas. Let's see shortly if that is an early prognostic at 60hr 0z. In any case, doubt we have much certainty before Wednesday PM / Thursday AM.

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Not happening at 0z gfs

south 

I.e Garbage for SNE 

Unfortunately that weaker sauce scenario may set the table for the 10th to cut hard into the lakes.
Still another day of model runs for this to come around but by tomorrow the sampling should be solid enough for us to have a good idea of what’s going to happen.