• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Discobs 2024

George BM

Another absolutely glorious winter day. Deep blue sky, cold temperatures, stable, thick snowpack. What an amazing stretch of winter weather. I've spent the week, hiking, wondering and just taking it all in. My local hiking trails were in beautiful condition ever since last Sunday when they froze. Today they were packed snow and beautiful. It would of been a super rare, perfect week for cross country skiing on what's normally mountain bike trails. The past 7 days gets a 10/10 for me. Being self employed allows me to take off Jan, through the middle of February. 

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Temp down to 22. Ideal radiational cooling conditions. This has a chance to be the coldest night of the winter here.

I just went out to grab my bong off the patio and it was frozen. It wasn't out there very long. Also 22 here on the other side of the bay. Great way to end a pretty epic cold spell. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Why are a couple eastern shore county schools closed and the rest delayed ?

Not sure which counties but driving in northern Caroline and Queen Annes this weekend there were a lot areas with drifting snow across the roads and black ice. Even this morning my road is mostly covered. Lots of open fields and no snow fences around here.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic