• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

34 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

In fact they do

Otherwise, models remain in agreement that low pressure passes
to our south tonight and just NW of the 40N/70W benchmark Sunday
morning. Bulk of the precip will occur through tonight, but PVA
aloft interacting with a surface trough on the backside of the
storm brings additional, but lighter precip during the day
Sunday.

Missed it thanks 

5 minutes ago, psv88 said:

WOW. 

back to heavy snow with MASSIVE snowflakes here in Suffolk. Everything getting white 

Lucky you, us North Shore folks usually align pretty closely with the rain/snow line in these marginal situations. Still rain here after the initial burst of snow with wind now picking up.

4 minutes ago, psv88 said:

This is wild. Roads snow covered now. The layer of sleet set the table before. Roads are a mess 

That’s crazy, virtually no accumulation by Smith Haven Mall. I see a little white on small sections of barren dirt/mulch, but grass and roads are just wet.

Some nice gusts recently. JFK gusted to 36mph. Probably some close to 40 here in Long Beach. Of course other than some bursts of flakes mixed in it’s just been rain. Fitting that 5 miles north in Lynbrook had a half inch or more snow. Maybe there’ll be some left on the grass when I get back home tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, mannynyc said:

Taking Metro North from Croton Harmon  back the city, really amazing the differences in snow between Yonkers and Riverdale. 

Interesting but knew the line would be sharp in this type of storm. The differences north to south and east to west in lower Westchester seem pretty dramatic.

5 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

We didnt catch the maritime affect east/west in models for westchester. Water is warm

Wonder if it's also the wind being east instead of SE thats created this sort of  odd situation. North Shore LI seems to be doing better than near the sound. For me it may just be that I'm too far south and less about the sound as I'm a bit west of the Bronx River but near Riverdales latitude. 

17 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

I lived here over 31 years. I'm at same elevation. I have 4" as of 1/2 hr ago. First of all. There are NO mid mountain hotel rooms at 1300'. The top of the mountain is 1400'.

The hotel is about 800' tops. I know. I live here 

Someone in Hampton reported 9 as well (yes I know 2 feet from the house could be overdone)

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic