Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco: Winter is coming

stormtracker

22 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

This is probably an NW suburbs event. Closer to I-95 is really walking the fence with this one.

Probably. Those events are always tricky around our neck of the woods. Sometimes we score big, but usually it's better to be skeptical.

3 minutes ago, 87storms said:

As is, it's perfect, but I'd be ok with it not trending any further south lol.

US 15 corridor on west is in a solid spot right now, so I wouldn't be too concerned. I'm off Wormans Mill on a hill there, so I am currently looking at probably teleworking my night shifts if this pans out. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It was an improved run and you could see it by d4. I don't pay much mind to the ICON but the run was sweet. All we should care about is keeping the primary as far south of OH as possible for now. ICON had that door closed early 

100% agree

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Gfs already looks like confluence/cold should be improved behind the 4th wave. Maybe something mucks it up but the short range trend looks good to me. 

Coming to post the same thing.  Certainly would argue for a good run.

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

US 15 corridor on west is in a solid spot right now, so I wouldn't be too concerned. I'm off Wormans Mill on a hill there, so I am currently looking at probably teleworking my night shifts if this pans out. 

Nice to see you back in Maryland!

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Were almost down to 5 days nows. 

Would be nice to get s region wide event. It's been a while lol.

And the ski resorts need it so badly. Just looked around and no local resorts are open. You'd have to drive 2 - 3 hours west to find one.

Looks like whitetail and Round top opened briefly before shutting down operations. 

How's wisp? I know there open but is it pretty limited at this point?

My husband is a lift operator at Wisp (there now) and I must say that they have done a magnificent job of keeping as much open for as long as they can. Even last year with the endless warm days, they were able to take advantage of the rare cold night to make enough snow to stay open until late March. It is just a perfect day there today - mid 20s with snow falling but not enough to create travel headaches. As @nj2va mentioned, if these solid forecasts pan out, they will be in their best shape - by far - in 2 years. My husband texted earlier saying today is a fun day because everyone (guests and employees) are in a great mood and just enjoying the hell out of a truly winter day.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Gfs already looks like confluence/cold should be improved behind the 4th wave. Maybe something mucks it up but the short range trend looks good to me. 

We're within 3 days, if something will muck it up there's not much time left for it to show in the models.

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Like the look of the energy out west early on as well compared to 6z

4 minutes ago, katabatic said:

My husband is a lift operator at Wisp (there now) and I must say that they have done a magnificent job of keeping as much open for as long as they can. Even last year with the endless warm days, they were able to take advantage of the rare cold night to make enough snow to stay open until late March. It is just a perfect day there today - mid 20s with snow falling but not enough to create travel headaches. As @nj2va mentioned, if these solid forecasts pan out, they will be in their best shape - by far - in 2 years. My husband texted earlier saying today is a fun day because everyone (guests and employees) are in a great mood and just enjoying the hell out of a truly winter day.

Wow nice!!

3 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

The Wegmans/Giant over there is my goto (that or the Hmart off of W. Patrick, depending on my mood)...I'm over in Walnut Ridge/Whittier.  The amount of construction since I moved here 2 years ago is significant.  I think at minimum, we're looking at snow to start...assuming no drastic changes to the track.

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

GFS gets some snow into the NW burbs with the 4th event now as well. 

Saw that as well. I have to stay up that night to prep for night shifts. I might go for a little drive out west to see some flakes and keep me awake. 

• Like 3