Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco: Winter is coming

stormtracker

2 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Tiny changes, r/s line wiggled a few miles southeast. Could be all it takes for this one!

verbatim this looks like a pastebomb

NOT saying this will be the same or is... but does this have any parallels to Commuteagddeon?  Like wasn't that just cold enough as well?

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

NOT saying this will be the same or is... but does this have any parallels to Commuteagddeon?  Like wasn't that just cold enough as well?

That event was different in several ways. One of it being we had a strengthening low driving east out of the Blue Ridge.

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

Just going by memory here, but Commutageddon as I recall was a much more dynamic system (i.e., 500 mb).  Rain changed to sleet/ice...literally like chunks of ice falling from the sky for awhile!...and then to heavy snow.  Lasted about 5 or so hours (8" snow in that time where I am).

(ETA:  There was some snow that fell in the early morning too, I seem to remember?)

3 hours ago, Heisy said:

Man, 83’ is one event I would have loved to experience. Check out the ULL just NE of Maine. Looks like it just trapped that beast underneath it.

83 is my greatest thunder snow event ever.  2.5” in an hour and 1” in 15 minutes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

CMC is also pretty good all things considered -- RA/SN line rides just south of DC

1704682800-lrLjf7mpvQE.png

Man that fairfax county gradient though … a foot for me and 4 for southern areas of the county. Need that further south so school is canceled for longer