Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

18 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Wow. I just checked my old stomping grounds. High of 77F today. Late January. Yikes. 

That actually sounds lovely. I had 33-34 degrees all day, raw with alternating rounds of snow sleet freezing rain and rain...just crap

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

That actually sounds lovely. I had 33-34 degrees all day, raw with alternating rounds of snow sleet freezing rain and rain...just crap

I know I’m getting older when it starts to creep into my head too.  Daylight and summer evenings until 9pm? Sounds nice compared to the brutally gray, foggy RN/ZR/IP/SN from today.  Felt like a spring system in April except a lot darker.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

I’m talking about today.

In regards to yesterday, 

Most of rockingham county, chief.

Even DAW hit  37/36 in heart of Strafford.

We are definitely running above today, so I could see spots tickling it. I'll give you that. I live in Rockingham and hit 37 yesterday 

Doesn’t seem too far off from guidance so far. We’re getting some CAA aloft today so that may help dry it out and warm it up into the U30s. Pop a break or 2 and we hit some low 40s. It won’t mean much for the snow Sun night into Mon.

image.png

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Doesn’t seem too far off from guidance so far. We’re getting some CAA aloft today so that may help dry it out and warm it up into the U30s. Pop a break or 2 and we hit some low 40s. It won’t mean much for the snow Sun night into Mon.

image.png

Got a burst a steady light snow earlier that I thought might have come from cold air aloft on top of all the low level moisture 

33 minutes ago, dendrite said:

image.png

“It won’t mean much”

Please elaborate.

Everything matters at the margin.

Wasn’t it just yesterday that you guys got skunked on modeled snow that never came? 

Sun comes out for 5 mins. Temp climbs from 38 to 40. Goes overcast again. Temp drops back to 38. It’s Saturday…I’m not worried about a little diabatic warming. Let’s talk 2m temps tomorrow afternoon when we can actually see what BL wetbulbs advected down to.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Sun comes out for 5 mins. Temp climbs from 38 to 40. Goes overcast again. Temp drops back to 38. It’s Saturday…I’m not worried about a little diabatic warming. Let’s talk 2m temps tomorrow afternoon when we can actually see what BL wetbulbs advected down to.

It’s not just the sun man; be objective. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1