Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

6 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Nice. Hopefully melt it off today. Hrrr and nam are real close to flipping your area over to snow tomorrow. 

Looks pretty crappy right into sat. Could even see some fzdz down here and into the orh hills sat am. 

12z HRRR is very bullish, I've had an eye on the models for Friday for a few days, They have been ticking colder and i made the comment in the other thread that i would probably see more snow Friday then the Sun-Mon event.

• Like 4

For Friday for NNE looks like it could be a challenge to see where the snows fall . Models seem torn between a mostly Maine deal from Sunday River east and North to euro and nam showing accumulations  much further south . HREF is basically Wildcat to Sunday River east and north in toward Baxter state park 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

12z HRRR is very bullish, I've had an eye on the models for Friday for a few days, They have been ticking colder and i made the comment in the other thread that i would probably see more snow Friday then the Sun-Mon event.

You're not kidding.  I haven't been paying attention to it, but yeah, the 12z HRRR keeps even PWM snow through a majority of the event.

13 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

For my area a few miles south of Dendrite, that is 3" of snow and almost .25 of ice.  That is a significant event.  We are going to have a rock solid pack come next week if this is correct.

GFS is liking the ice. 
image.png

4 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

12z 3k NAM ZR QPF map for the lols. Not sure what's behind the algorithms that generate these, but they need to lay off the crack.

12z 3kNAM 20240125.png

Elevation enhancement on the qpf and sfc cold…it usually overdoes the high terrain QPF a bit. But it could be nasty down there 1k-2kft…especially with a drier CAA feed.

• Like 1

Just now, dendrite said:

Elevation enhancement on the qpf and sfc cold…it usually overdoes the high terrain QPF a bit. But it could be nasty down there 1k-2kft…especially with a drier CAA feed.

That map may just be 1:1 ratio too. Not 100% sure. I wish the FRAM maps were more readily available 

34 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Looks like i'll be riding in the jackpot zone tomorrow in the Eustis-Jackman area.

StormTotalSnowWeb1_ME.jpg

We usually do decent in these setups, hoping for 4 inches to give the drags something to work with after this Ice completely locked down our base.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMainer said:

We usually do decent in these setups, hoping for 4 inches to give the drags something to work with after this Ice completely locked down our base.

You should be good for 4" up there, This is basically moving west to east.

• Like 1