Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is exactly what we discussed about cancelling the torch and also why it was mentioned some folks may be able to keep pack. 

Anyone with over 4" has a decent chance of keeping it....but this 2-3" of thawing glacier won't survive I don't think...maybe in patches....we're onto 1/29.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 10:39 AM, NW_of_GYX said:

Ya it's def not a BN look going into Feb but I still like where the cold is. That's a look that could torch much of the CONUS while we wedge. That SWFE thing on the 24th is worth keeping an eye on for NNE.

No changes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, klw said:

We got another inch before I left for work at 6:40.  It was snowing at about an inch per hour rate so the roads were pretty well covered the first 45 minutes or so of the drive.

Measured 1.1 new when I got home.  3.1 for the event.  Light fzn rn at the moment

19 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

As I had stated on Saturday, "I will choose to believe that the 3"+ zone denoted by the pink outline makes just a tiny bit further up to my house." - Which proved correct as I got 2.5"! Interpolation for the win! The switch to orange from pink did throw me off until I realized the pink one was an earlier forecast, lol.

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is exactly what we discussed about cancelling the torch and also why it was mentioned some folks may be able to keep pack. 

He comin’ out of your thawed azalea rootzone soon. Hopefully he doesn’t see his shadow.

image.gif

• Haha 3

Wandered around the yard and took some pics this afternoon. A snow covered Hemlock grove, a (very unfinished) shed project in the works that kind of shows the pack depth on the roof (the trim at the end of the porch rafters is 1x8 for reference, and the Warner river flowing about 2 feet lower than the ice canyon of its own making.

Hemlock Cathedral.jpg

Shed Project.jpg

Warner River Through Ice Canyon.jpg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

27.2° and -FZRA

Our road is a skating rink. Time for some salt, thanks.

I had icicles hanging off of my hair while shoveling the crusty 1-2” off the driveway. 

I was struggling with traction big time on my gravel drive clearing snow today, and that's with a 5000lb 4 wheel drive tractor.

3 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

I was struggling with traction big time on my gravel drive clearing snow today, and that's with a 5000lb 4 wheel drive tractor.

I left the snow on mine. It was right at the point of having to make a decision. If it had been much more, I probably would have cleared it. 

6 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I left the snow on mine. It was right at the point of having to make a decision. If it had been much more, I probably would have cleared it. 

I was pretty close as well, but figured I'd go ahead and get it out of the way. Figured clearing the snow will let the warm weather tomorrow completely de-ice the drive.

30 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Seems weird to think about  now. Used to do it all the time waaay back in the day.

Charles River actually freezes pretty easily. I saw people out in it even in a moderate winter like 2020-21. But yeah, we’re not getting many 77-78 type temps these days. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I know we don’t really care out here but I came across how much this riled wx Twitter up. I can think of a few folks that would write like this. :lol: 

What Mets are “debating “ this ?  Besides the band Tool (enema) Turn it up 

• Like 3