Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This was a better EPS look today. Seems to go back and forth a bit.

EPS was more interested in 1/7 than 1/5 today which was kind of surprising to me based on OP run. Def didn’t agree with the OP on which one was more likely. There are quite a few solid hits for 1/7 on the EPS. 

The LR did look better too beyond that as you mentioned. Hopefully the cutter turns more into a CAD system. 

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Regarding gorillas.   Stuart Soroka forecasted for WHDH (I think) in the early to mid 70s.  He was pretty good.  When he saw a big storm potential he would say.... "look at this gorilla moving up the coast".

Mark Rosenthal used to sometimes use “tempest” and we all remember him saying “snowing to beat the band”…he loved that expression. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Nobody will care if one of these pans out just to get washed away by another cutter, Nobody.

I will.  I don't mind it getting washed out as long as there is more in the pipeline.  But I'm about heavy snow, clear it and would prefer less retention to fit my lifestyle now better.  Either way none of us have a choice.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I will.  I don't mind it getting washed out as long as there is more in the pipeline.  But I'm about heavy snow, clear it and would prefer less retention to fit my lifestyle now better.  Either way none of us have a choice.

We all have our needs and wants, But i can see some's point about snow that are in areas that cant retain it, I wouldn't be in one of them though with my lifestyle.

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We all have our needs and wants, But i can see some's point about snow that are in areas that cant retain it, I wouldn't be in one of them though with my lifestyle.

Yeah I was much less concerned about slipping on the ice back 10-15 years ago.  Now I’m 77 and if I can’t walk 1-3 hours per day I lose my mind.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Folks hoping for sun and end to month long rains over snow. As low a morale here as we’ve ever seen. Yore 

13 minutes ago, WhiteLawns said:

Is there any hope for a pattern that produces more clear nights soon? I want to take astrophotos but it’s been cloudy every night!!

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

18z gfs likes the Euros 1/5 storm. develops too late but a beast for Eastern Maine and  Canada 

Noticeably more aggressive diving the N/stream out of Ontario though - that's allllmost ominous. 

The problem (the way I see things...) is that the total trough space, inside of which the N/stream and S/stream are flirting with having integration, is progressive and doing so too fast.   They ultimately do phase, but the playground itself has move away from our area before it means much here. 

This is actually a hemispheric problem, too.  Every thing on that chart is bodily moving unusually fast down stream. 

I'm not sure if this can modulate better ... I mean it's 7 days away.  But even 6 hours slower and a slightly fast N/stream plunge is pretty much all that would take to clip the coast from NYC-PWM with the season's first

• Like 1