• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate-High Impact Storm Noon Sun Dec 17, 2023 - 4PM Mon Dec 18. Flooding rain I95 corridor northwestward, coastal tidal flooding, brief periods of damaging 50 MPH+ wind gusts LI/CT Monday, ends as a little wet snow interior elevations Tue morning.

wdrag

10 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Yea I’m a bit worried. House is surrounded by big trees

I had 7 trees when we bought our house 15 years ago. I’m down to 1. That explains why I hate wind. One of them hit my roof, put a hole in it, bounced off and destroyed my porch too. Insult to injury, one of the branches was long enough to shatter the windshield of my car. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If the low's in the low 980s and goes through eastern PA, we're probably in for it from the city east in terms of wind. There'll be less rain but the ground is already soaked and there have already been heavy showers around. I'd definitely take 1" more rain for less wind/coastal flooding.

Edit-maybe this double low hanging south from the main low can spare us somewhat. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

If the low's in the low 980s and goes through eastern PA, we're probably in for it from the city east in terms of wind. There'll be less rain but the ground is already soaked and there have already been heavy showers around. I'd definitely take 1" more rain for less wind/coastal flooding.

Edit-maybe this double low hanging south from the main low can spare us somewhat. Fingers crossed.

Ends up 977 north of Albany 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

It’s funny, I looked at a bunch of wind models a little earlier and despite what we’re supposed to get, the strongest winds still appear to be off coast, and later. But, you see the ticks west, and that’s never a good sign, wind-wise.  

7 minutes ago, guinness77 said:

It’s funny, I looked at a bunch of wind models a little earlier and despite what we’re supposed to get, the strongest winds still appear to be off coast, and later. But, you see the ticks west, and that’s never a good sign, wind-wise.  

The worst winds will be for the cape and islands, they could gust over 70. I think ISP gusts to 55 and FRG to 50. Enough for widespread power outages 

• Thanks 2

As of 10 pm, rain was falling heavily in Atlantic City, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Sterling, and Washington, DC. The heavy rain will continue to advance northward. The New York City area will likely see its heaviest rain during a period that runs from midnight to about 8 am. The area of heaviest rain still appears likely to occur north and west of Newark and New York City. Strong winds will lash the coastline and coastal flooding is likely at times of high tide.

The latest HREF guidance is below:

image.png.69c23b71ca04c8a916a1df4ef6237d3a.png

I would say that those on LI should be prepared for an Isais (2020) redux. Winds off the deck look rather fierce and with the System going to the West while juicing (combined with what we have already seen in the SE), I would say that there is the potential for a rather significant event here. We cannot forget either, the ground is already water logged. 

• Thanks 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic