Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter '23-'24 Piss and Moan/Banter Thread

IWXwx

7 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

It's a message board, not a workplace. Just ignore people that try to troll sometimes. Its not that hard. Not sure why we gotta threaten people on here.

Sometimes is the operational word there. Also, we're under no obligation to tolerate someone who's deliberately trying to piss everyone off just because they can. Even at work it's one thing if someone is just annoying sometimes but if all they do is try to get a rise out of you, that's a different story. Threatening is one thing but idk if that ever really happened; might be remembering wrong tho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Malacka11 said:

Sometimes is the operational word there. Also, we're under no obligation to tolerate someone whose deliberately trying to piss everyone off just because he can. Even at work it's one thing if someone is just annoying sometimes but if all they do is try to get a ride out of you, that's a different story. Threatening is one thing but idk if that ever really happened

Exactly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

It's a message board, not a workplace. Just ignore people that try to troll sometimes. Its not that hard. Not sure why we gotta threaten people on here.

That's the joy of WFH. You and you alone comprise of the "workplace."

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

I guess I'm not around as much, but from what I saw he just liked to show off his love for warmth and palm trees. Nobody else in his life cared so he turned to here. I suppose not everyone has the tolerance to deal with trolls...

His trolling was funny at first, but after while his schtick started to get old.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

He can keep creating new usernames all he wants. It seems banning him set the stage for an active period in the region, we can play this game again in 4-6 weeks. 

Hope the weight of the heavy snow doesn’t crush his palms. lol

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Lol Toronto is going to get back to back cutters that help prop up their seasonal total but turn to rain within a few hours of the onset. 

still looking good for a top 5 least snowy winter because of the western cutters 

We still got lots of time left. YYZ at 6.9" as of yesterday. Below normal, yes, but that's to be expected in strong El Nino's. But not all strong El Nino's are the same. 

We've been on a good run since 2017-18 with every winter above average and 21-22 being a top 10 snowy winter. A good turnaround from the preceding 11 years where we experienced 4 of the least 5 snowiest winters on record. Those were some brutal years man. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snowstorms said:

We still got lots of time left. YYZ at 6.9" as of yesterday. Below normal, yes, but that's to be expected in strong El Nino's. But not all strong El Nino's are the same. 

We've been on a good run since 2017-18 with every winter above average and 21-22 being a top 10 snowy winter. A good turnaround from the preceding 11 years where we experienced 4 of the least 5 snowiest winters on record. Those were some brutal years man. 

Tomorrow looks to be a good 2-4” for GTA before rain washes it all away in a few hours. 1-2” max down here. 

Saturday storm looks like a redo of this current one. So Toronto is padding the stats but it’s gone within a few hours of falling. 

This winters getting a F from me and I’m cheering for a top 5 least snowy lol. My actual guess is Toronto ends up with about 28” just outside top 5. Will have to look back at the records to see if it can be top 10 bad 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Tomorrow looks to be a good 2-4” for GTA before rain washes it all away in a few hours. 1-2” max down here. 

Saturday storm looks like a redo of this current one. So Toronto is padding the stats but it’s gone within a few hours of falling. 

This winters getting a F from me and I’m cheering for a top 5 least snowy lol. My actual guess is Toronto ends up with about 28” just outside top 5. Will have to look back at the records to see if it can be top 10 bad 

You're right. The last few winters, although they've been above normal, we haven't been able to keep a snowpack because it's been so warm. And this winter so far is no exception. Last winter and 2019-20 are prime candidates. 21-22 was a solid A winter in my opinion. Jan 22 storm dropped a good 40-60cm (16-24") across the entire GTA. 

The weekend storm has a lot of moving parts and variables so there's still time left for it to change. Should be a nice cold outbreak after the storm. But it may dry out for some time afterwards. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

You're right. The last few winters, although they've been above normal, we haven't been able to keep a snowpack because it's been so warm. And this winter so far is no exception. Last winter and 2019-20 are prime candidates. 21-22 was a solid A winter in my opinion. Jan 22 storm dropped a good 40-60cm (16-24") across the entire GTA. 

The weekend storm has a lot of moving parts and variables so there's still time left for it to change. Should be a nice cold outbreak after the storm. But it may dry out for some time afterwards. 

Ya, I'll pass on the cold and bare ground haha (I live south of Hamilton) Id rather a warm month instead of cold and dry with no snow on the ground lol

11 minutes ago, DaveNay said:

Yes.

Nice.

I'm mentioned on here previously that during the winter storm of early December, 2009 when we got about a foot of wet cement (I can only guess what ratios were, but definitely less than 10:1), my dad had a snowblower attachment for his John Deere 112 garden tractor, but being a single stage it was useless for throwing that stuff.