• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Snow showers? Makes it sound like it's just going to snow off and on throughout the event, which is really not how true snowstorms act in PA.

Tonight
Snow showers, possibly mixed with rain. Low around 29. Light east wind increasing to 11 to 16 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Tuesday
Snow showers, mainly before 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 34. Northeast wind 14 to 17 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Still warned here.. for 2-4” haha. Not sure I’ve ever seen that before other for additional snowfall on an already ongoing event. These are 6” counties for warning criteria. 

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
548 PM EST Mon Feb 12 2024

PAZ019-024>028-045-131100-
/O.CON.KCTP.WS.W.0005.240213T0500Z-240213T1600Z/
Southern Centre-Cambria-Blair-Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-
Southern Clinton-
Including the cities of State College, Johnstown, Altoona,
Huntingdon, Mount Union, Lewistown, Mifflintown, and Lock Haven
548 PM EST Mon Feb 12 2024

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT
TO 11 AM EST TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total accumulations of 2 to 4
  inches.

* WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...From midnight tonight to 11 AM EST Tuesday. The heaviest
  snow will likely fall before dawn, with snow tapering off in
  most locations by around 8 AM.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
  conditions could impact the morning commute.

Still warned here.. for 2-4” haha. Not sure I’ve ever seen that before other for additional snowfall on an already ongoing event. This are 6” counties for warning criteria. 
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENational Weather Service State College PA548 PM EST Mon Feb 12 2024PAZ019-024>028-045-131100-/O.CON.KCTP.WS.W.0005.240213T0500Z-240213T1600Z/Southern Centre-Cambria-Blair-Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-Southern Clinton-Including the cities of State College, Johnstown, Altoona,Huntingdon, Mount Union, Lewistown, Mifflintown, and Lock Haven548 PM EST Mon Feb 12 2024...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHTTO 11 AM EST TUESDAY...* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total accumulations of 2 to 4 inches.* WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania.* WHEN...From midnight tonight to 11 AM EST Tuesday. The heaviest snow will likely fall before dawn, with snow tapering off in most locations by around 8 AM.* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute.

I feel they must have almost all time low confidence in their forcast

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Channel 21 with a laughable trace to 2" for most of the Lsv.

heard this on the radio drive home they even said wwa no winter storm watch like whats with all the locals calling for trace-2 or 1-3 nws says 4-8 major disconnect 

HRRR has quietly been involving a lot of the Mid-Atlantic folks from DC north with solid accumulating snow today, especially the newer runs. I think that’s rather ambitious but shows how far south this things have shifted heavy snow swath the last 24 hours or so. Those folks gave up on this event days ago. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Imagine if a school superintendent just looks at that and decides to send the busses out

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Gettysburg school district just closed for tomorrow.   

8 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

HRRR has quietly been involving a lot of the Mid-Atlantic folks from DC north with solid accumulating snow today, especially the newer runs. I think that’s rather ambitious but shows how far south this things have shifted heavy snow swath the last 24 hours or so. Those folks gave up on this event days ago. 

It'll be crazy to see what the ground truth on this thing is. One of the more notable shifts inside 36 and 24 hours of recent memory. 

• Like 1

I've never seen this before...(NWS forecast for Carlisle as of 7:00pm)

Tonight
Rain before 3am, then rain and snow. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 32. East wind 6 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Tuesday
Rain and snow before 11am, then a slight chance of rain between 11am and noon. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 38. North wind 13 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Even the morning forecast (when it will be all snow) says rain & snow.  Since when does heavy rain accumulate  2-4" of SNOW??  :o

CTP literally seems to have no grasp on what’ll transpire. But it’s not just them. Check out all the changes from Mt Holly. 

As with any Miller A/B, aim low because busy chances are high and it’s here to be happy when it snows more than upset when you get blanked out.  

May the odds be in all your favor.