• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

At 1:00am in Carlisle, it is snowing moderately.  Between my last ob at 10:20pm and midnight I recorded an additional 0.7" of snow bringing the storm total for 1/15 to 0.8".  Then, between midnight and 1:00am I recorded an additional 0.7" for a storm total of 1.5".  The temperature is steady at 23.7 degrees.  It looks beautiful outside with the very crystalline appearance of the snow.  Regardless of the final total it will be exciting enough to have an ALL-snow event!!  I'm heading off to bed and hope to return at 8:00am with my next update.  Goodnight all.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Hey guys. Looks like a nice high end advisory type event for part of the subforum. There’s a shot for low end warning criteria if the dynamics at play  set up just right. 3-5” with as much as 7” max for almost everyone here. Enjoy! 

Hey y’all! Just a heads up. Forecast seems on track, although will need to watch the eastern side of the sub with the coastal enhancement. That could yield a decent suprise tomorrow if it breaks correctly. This has been an over performer for many, so it wouldn’t shock me. I like the WSW in place for York/Lancaster as those areas of the best place for a positive bust given the expected 85H frontogen placement and deeper column saturation to correlate with better dendrite formations and efficient snowfall. I’m pulling for everyone to get a nice piece of the pie and enhance the wintry scene expected this week. 

Check back later today for those pics and totals :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Voyager said:

What happened to snowing until 10 to 11am? Just looked at radar, and it looks like it's over for many by 7am.

Light snow continues now in Marysville & across even southern PA as of the 6 am official observations.

The radar is not picking up the steady light snow. Flake size is small, but very steady here.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Hi everyone!  I pop in here occasionally whenever I’m visiting my wife’s parents and her family in Lancaster…usually around Christmas.     

That aside, I simply wanted to convey my great appreciation for your posts and respective first-hand updates (ground truth), so I can keep abreast on what they are experiencing there, as well.   

I had told them to expect 3-5”…with the potential for 6”…two days ago, and definitely hoping that verifies.  If I’m not mistaken, it requires about those amounts to do good sledding.   If that projection falls short, they’re going to be extremely disappointed.  Feeling pretty good about it, right now, though.   Hope it’s an over-performer for each of you.  

Thanks again,

Tony

Hi there. I am glad you spoke up this time when visiting us. Please feel free to chime in any time when you come to check out Lancaster weather. I am up in Northcentral PA in Williamsport. We have a cousin with her kids and grandkids down in North Carolina who come up here. 

• Thanks 1

Surprisingly decent snow falling despite weak radar returns. Looks like the arctic front is in western PA moving east with decent radar returns associated with it. I would think there should be some decent enhancement to the snow as it comes thru then shuts off.

• Like 3

Light snow and 19ºF. 

Only have about 1.7” of new snow currently, with a bit of a crust on it. I slept most of the overnight but there must have been a lull and some freezing drizzle at some point here. Definitely didn’t get into better lift and snow growth.  Better returns and rates seem a bit further NW over the Pittsburgh/western PA counties. 

• Like 1