Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2023

George BM

2 hours ago, GramaxRefugee said:

I asked for that dish in a Mexican restaurant once, and the waitress said that's an Italian thing. (Where she worked before). Guy at the next table said it's a French cheese appetizer.  "Quickly with cheese".  Pretty confusing,  so I just had the tacos. Y'know, play it safe.

Well, just remember in France, they don't call it a Quarter Pounder...it's a "Royale with Cheese"!!!

Royale-with-cheese GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeeeeeaaaaah buddy!!! (If I wasn't on a partial fast from this forum I would've posted that first, lol) This is a global holiday as far as I am concerned :D

74h7eb0odv421.jpg.e56fdb31718ca06755a43601347b4861.jpg

I do have to say, Beethoven doesn't look happy with a party hat on.  Like he's thinking, "Get this f**ing thing off my head now, or someone's going to pay!"  (but he'd say it in German, of course!)

11 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

My Saturday hiking club hike was postponed unfortunately so I signed up for one tomorrow AM - hoping the rain is light early and we should be wrapped before the bad stuff gets here. Today looks glorious for a hike - enjoy!

The hike was amazing weather for this time of year. This was one of the harder hikes for me, but slow and steady won the race. I have lost 30 lbs since July, so I’ve been trying to get into better shape. 

A 6.5 mile hike with 725ft of gain along with several climbs and descents along the way…this was a tester. Making it through made me feel really good and it’ll be something I try to work on through time. I felt accomplished getting it done. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

The hike was amazing weather for this time of year. This was one of the harder hikes for me, but slow and steady won the race. I have lost 30 lbs since July, so I’ve been trying to get into better shape. 

A 6.5 mile hike with 725ft of gain along with several climbs and descents along the way…this was a tester. Making it through made me feel really good and it’ll be something I try to work on through time. I felt accomplished getting it done. 

Keep it going! Success begets success. I am down 293 pounds since 2014 and have kept it off. No surgery or anything - just a true lifestyle change. I love hiking… it’s obviously excellent exercise but it’s so refreshing that it often doesn’t feel like real work. 

• Like 7

Honestly, while the internet is a great thing for the most part, it's all too easy to nitpick any statement, slice and dice it, and turn it against you if anyone so chooses.  I know that's a very cynical thing to say, but all too often I see comments or out of context comments used to tear people down.  Just look at what happens in the sports world, for instance, anytime some athlete says one small thing (I'm not talking blatantly offensive or whatever, but just one small thing).  People love to build up heroes and then knock them down sometimes.  It's really sad.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic