• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter 2023

George BM

Browns to bring in Flacco for a workout. Good move by them. Perplexing on the surface why the Jets didn't sign him immediately after Rodgers went down, knowing Wilson is a terrible QB, and the Jets have a good running game and great defense. The answer ofc is the shitty GM who drafted Wilson still wants to 'prove' he is a legit starting QB. Browns and Jets fans are so tortured.

5 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Picking the wrong side in The War on Thanksgiving 

smdh

Every Thanksgiving we are either hosting at Deep Creek or out of town in NY with family so I can’t decorate Thanksgiving weekend. And with the time it takes to decorate for Christmas, I like to be able to enjoy for more than just a few weeks. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

A lot more than 1% seem to argue with basic climo stats when I post them…

We could go back and forth but let me simplify this. Some find the climo discussion compelling. Therefore it is going to happen. Those that don’t find it compelling, or find it emotionally upsetting, can choose not to engage in it. Yes you will have to see it, oh well. We all have to see lots of things we would rather not day to day. Just move along.

BTW, I find the discussion compelling, I do not find the discussion about the discussion compelling. Have you considered it’s the complaining about the climo discussion that takes to to another level and ends up taking over the thread. We had a handful of posts about what the winter could tell us about the future…then we have had twice as many posts about whether to have the discussion and why it’s disturbing and blah blah blah. So now this has taken over the thread instead of it being a few posts and move along. 

Bringing this here to not clutter up further. I guess...I was just trying to get folks to understand the why of my reaction and others. Some of you seem to be mystified as to why. I mean I get what you're saying though...just made sure there was understanding of why. Some of ya don't seem to understand what it's like, tbh...

We are always blessed to have the Ravens to watch.. 25 years of good interesting football. League is kind of weak this year. I'm always surprised that Lamar Jackson is underrated.. preseason 1/20 odds to win the SB, now 1/10 I still think is low, they are probably 1-3/4, maybe higher than that even with Andrews hurt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I want a dollar every time I hear about "that look" and the "El NIno flex"

And I want to gouge my eyes out every time I read a post from a person who can't help but be f*cking doom and gloom.

"Ooooh...look, the positive precip anomalies for one week in the middle of December are too far south!"

"UGH! That look is soooooooo Nina!"

"It's so dry. It's going to remain dry for the rest of the winter!"

F*ck's sake...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

And I want to gouge my eyes out every time I read a post from a person who can't help but be f*cking doom and gloom.

"Ooooh...look, the positive precip anomalies for one week in the middle of December are too far south!"

"UGH! That look is soooooooo Nina!"

"It's so dry. It's going to remain dry for the rest of the winter!"

F*ck's sake...

“You can tell the pattern is setting in….I’m ready to give up”

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Chasing to the mountains does wonders for the snow fix.  Have a great time!  Get Blackwater Falls State Park sledding tickets now if you are interested - they sell out.

Good call, forgot that you have to get tickets for that!  We seem to be alternating years between Deep Creek and Canaan!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GATECH said:

Just booked my winter insurance trip to Canaan Valley, last weekend in January…

We’re going with a few other families later in Christmas week. Maybe a little early, but hoping to max out while we’re there.

Should be ideal timing for you, though. Good luck!

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic