Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter 2023

George BM

13 minutes ago, CAPE said:

We need more of this version of the Ravens offense going forward. Pretty tough schedule upcoming.

I think this years schedule is “on paper” maybe the toughest schedule I can recall them having between the opponents plus travel and the way it’s laid out. Still they’re  5-2 and probably should be 7-0.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I think this years schedule is “on paper” maybe the toughest schedule I can recall them having between the opponents plus travel and the way it’s laid out. Still they’re  5-2 and probably should be 7-0.

Those 2 losses may come back to bite them. Both were horrific.

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

How about the officials again getting involved and deciding a game with 2 highly questionable calls at the end. Cleveland wins with their help.

This is the scourge of the NFL.  It’s hard to get through any Sunday without seeing the zebras egregiously interfering with the outcome of a game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George BM said:

Notice how no one here even talks about them anymore lately. :cry:

I've been a  commanders fan my entire life and years ago would plan my Sundays around their schedule. Now I don't even bother anymore. Will check the score on my phone sometimes but really don't care too much. 

I think that's how alot of commanders fans are now.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

7 hours ago, CAPE said:

Those 2 losses may come back to bite them. Both were horrific.

I don't think they will. We don't need to be any 7-0 right now. I think "Don't peak too soon" is a very real thing with the Ravens. Both times when we peaked early and got the No. 1 seed (2006 & 2019) we got bounced early! For whatever reason we do better when we gotta fight for it a little more. Last two SB championships we did the WC at home and went road the rest of the way, lol

You guys are never gonna believe this. My car is 13 miles away. I had a flat. Mom brought me home. The car roof leaks bad. We are getting hit by that rain I said I wanted. The Norma moisture and the darn trough are coalescing. I wish I had been careful about what I wished for. I am frantically praying for the rain to miss us. What have I done?

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, CAPE said:

How about the officials again getting involved and deciding a game with 2 highly questionable calls at the end. Cleveland wins with their help.

*Tinfoil hat time*

Think that's bad wait until the playoffs. The Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl by anyway possible. The NFL isn't going to let Taylor Swift NOT be there. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RickinBaltimore said:

*Tinfoil hat time*

Think that's bad wait until the playoffs. The Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl by anyway possible. The NFL isn't going to let Taylor Swift NOT be there. 

As a Bengals fan who dealt with ref issues involving the Chiefs in big spots BEFORE the taylor swift stuff, let me just say whoever is in KC for the playoffs REALLY will want at least a two score lead in the fourth quarter for sure...

7 hours ago, Jebman said:

You guys are never gonna believe this. My car is 13 miles away. I had a flat. Mom brought me home. The car roof leaks bad. We are getting hit by that rain I said I wanted. The Norma moisture and the darn trough are coalescing. I wish I had been careful about what I wished for. I am frantically praying for the rain to miss us. What have I done?

Never thought I'd see these words on a Jeb post.  (It's not snow related, so I guess it's OK)

Don't worry. That Texas sun will dry out that car in due time. (Voice of experience here)

2 hours ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Never thought I'd see these words on a Jeb post.  (It's not snow related, so I guess it's OK)

Don't worry. That Texas sun will dry out that car in due time. (Voice of experience here)

I will never walk a snow declaration back. EVER.

I don't think I want a billion year magnitude rain river after all. Just one inch of rain in a week. For 135 consecutive weeks.

Friend of mine came by today, we went to where my car was, he patched that tire right up. Guy is a regular MacGyver. Took the car back home, covered it up. It's raining but I don't want a flood. We already got one inch overnight. It needs to clear up, dry out then we can have a half inch of rain on Thursday. 

I am a little bit more careful what I wish for. On the other hand I wish at least thirty BECS-magnitude blizzards on the Washington Metropolitan Region this winter.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

As a Bengals fan who dealt with ref issues involving the Chiefs in big spots BEFORE the taylor swift stuff, let me just say whoever is in KC for the playoffs REALLY will want at least a two score lead in the fourth quarter for sure...

Given how things are called I say at least a 21 point lead is needed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mappy said:

a small section of Parkton is without power. My house is fine, but my kid's school (a half mile away) is without power. Should be a fun story she will share when she gets home lol 

Parts of Canaan Valley by Timberline have been without power since yesterday morning and now they are out of water too.  It will take 24 hours to refill the tank once they get the power back on.

• Sad 3

Just catching up in here. Had a busy but very fun weekend with the wife. Got off nights Thursday AM, then turned around after 1 full day off to work some OT (My choice), then traveled to PA for a Fall get together at a friends place. Had a blast. Woke up next morning and my wife and I went to the Ravens game. That was also very fun :wub:

After the game, went to Pizza John’s, my favorite pizza in the universe and something I haven’t had in years. I got to spend a lot of time with my wife which I cherish with our work schedules. Overall it was such a great weekend. Today I helped move some stuff at the in-laws, some of which my wife and I are “inheriting”. Also came home with some Remy, Don Julio, and Hennessy that my in-laws didn’t want. All in all, a fantastic time. 

Need to host a get together at our place sometime. Our bar area is pretty stacked :)

IMG_7424.thumb.jpeg.8dd7c750854818fb334ded6bd586fe33.jpeg

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Just catching up in here. Had a busy but very fun weekend with the wife. Got off nights Thursday AM, then turned around after 1 full day off to work some OT (My choice), then traveled to PA for a Fall get together at a friends place. Had a blast. Woke up next morning and my wife and I went to the Ravens game. That was also very fun :wub:

After the game, went to Pizza John’s, my favorite pizza in the universe and something I haven’t had in years. I got to spend a lot of time with my wife which I cherish with our work schedules. Overall it was such a great weekend. Today I helped move some stuff at the in-laws, some of which my wife and I are “inheriting”. Also came home with some Remy, Don Julio, and Hennessy that my in-laws didn’t want. All in all, a fantastic time. 

Need to host a get together at our place sometime. Our bar area is pretty stacked :)

IMG_7424.thumb.jpeg.8dd7c750854818fb334ded6bd586fe33.jpeg

Good for you! I am so happy you had a good time!

How about those Ravens!!!!!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, aldie 22 said:

I had a hard time believing the Vikings would go 0-4 to start the season at home. Well played tough game to give the home crowd something to cheer about

Really fun game to watch.  The OL gave Kirk enough time and he balled out, even without JJ.  The schedule is very manageable going forward, with the hardest games behind us (KC, Philly, SF).

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic