Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

27 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

As long as it's not a world where the defined blue area on that map is perceived to take up more area than the red, then all is well.

Have you done any hallucinogens today? I’m not sure I ever implied that. Reread what I said for temps by the end of the month. 

I never implied putting Texas in there, but if you want to fine. Up until 4-5 days ago it was noticeable cooler relative from an anomaly standpoint down south. Some areas below, but overall the mega + departures we had and in particular NNE weren’t existing there. The warmth definitely was more over the top. But after tomorrow, the biggest warmth from an anomaly standpoint will be more in the NE areas and east of the GL. 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Reread what I said for temps by the end of the month. 

I have, and from this quote

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

It's a notable cold snap for them and kind of goes to the point that while the NE was warm this month, the south was cooler relative to normal. 

I read this quote and gathered that you were saying the South has been cooler than their given normal for the month of October, not relative to New England or any other thing. I responded saying that hasn't been the case, and if that response had no application here then I'd like to hear what normal you were referring too. Because yeah in reference to NNE every part of the US has been substantially cooler this month, but if that's what you were trying to focus on then I think this whole discussion of "relative terms" was confusing to follow from the onset. I'd like to hear which normal you were focusing on. 

51 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

I have, and from this quote

I read this quote and gathered that you were saying the South has been cooler than their given normal for the month of October, not relative to New England or any other thing. I responded saying that hasn't been the case, and if that response had no application here then I'd like to hear what normal you were referring too. Because yeah in reference to NNE every part of the US has been substantially cooler this month, but if that's what you were trying to focus on then I think this whole discussion of "relative terms" was confusing to follow from the onset. I'd like to hear which normal you were focusing on. 

That’s fine, I might not have been clear at first. I get it. I think I cleared it up in subsequent posts. 

• Confused 1

Also noticed today’s 1.05” of rain put us just over 6” on the month for October.

Up the road the ski area base saw 0.95” today for 8” on the month for October.

Feels like every month features excessive precipitation these days somewhere in New England.  We dried out a bit locally in September but the water returned in October.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Also noticed today’s 1.05” of rain put us just over 6” on the month for October.

Up the road the ski area base saw 0.95” today for 8” on the month for October.

Feels like every month features excessive precipitation these days somewhere in New England.  We dried out a bit locally in September but the water returned in October.

Interestingly enough, BOS will end up below normal qpf although ytd is above and vs last year way above.

• Like 1