Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

1 minute ago, DavisStraight said:

First time I remember sweating doing leaf cleanup. I got a lot done today, one more cleanup and I should be good. My brother has this kick ass leaf blower, borrowed it today and made life easier.

It’s happened before but I don’t recall a stretch of 4 days in a row like this in late October.  

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It’s happened before but I don’t recall a stretch of 4 days in a row like this in late October.  

I'm sure it has I just remember doing leaf cleanup with gloves on because of the cold and wearing a sweatshirt. Just a tee today and sweated.  Last cleanup will be colder than today, guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Same.     
the oaks are pouring down here now.  

Same here but I have no oaks on my property, the woods across the street are lined with oaks and the leaves blow into my yard, that was the longest task today, getting rid of the oaks. Acorns are crazy too but not many blow into my yard. I would say 50% of leaves down? What do you guys think?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Same here but I have no oaks on my property, the woods across the street are lined with oaks and the leaves blow into my yard, that was the longest task today, getting rid of the oaks. Acorns are crazy too but not many blow into my yard. I would say 50% of leaves down? What do you guys think?

My maples are pretty much all down now.  Oaks are probably 50% down.  Some trees are pretty bare.  

• Like 1