Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’d have to really dig into it, but we’ve definitely items come off the high of the mid 2010s, no doubt about that.

Hell, I didn’t even bother keeping snow totals last year we got so little lol.

The snow didn't last long OTG in general, but there were some good events. 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’d have to really dig into it, but we’ve definitely items come off the high of the mid 2010s, no doubt about that.

Hell, I didn’t even bother keeping snow totals last year we got so little lol.

Last year was a deserved stinker. Even in the so called crappy years we pulled storms out of our bums. 

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

in the dreadful non winters of 01-02 and 11-12 we went until December here.  Roses were still blooming.   You knew it was a ratter incoming....

i had some snow in October 2001. that's how i knew it was going to be a ratter :drunk:

1 hour ago, Torch Tiger said:

eps_T2ma_namer_61.png

oh look, pretty colors!

1 hour ago, Torch Tiger said:

that's not cold at all, given average highs are probably around 60F on Oct. 29th.  in fact a -1 still wouldn't be cold.  Just seasonably cool

It ain’t warm either compared to normal..that was my point. Nobody said the end of October is supposed to be overly cold in general, nor in a forecast.

1 degree Celsius above normal isn’t any blowtorch. Pretty colors can sometimes be misleading in both directions. 

53 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes, they were.  Take those in a heartbeat over last years abomination any day. 

Location, of course.  Last winter's snowfall here was almost twice that of 20-21.  A couple of sites in NW New Jersey had more snow in Feb 2021 than we had in that entire winter.  Last winter's base was the big dense dump in mid December - even the 3.25" Grinch deluge a week later couldn't take all the snow away, just left us with 12" of glacier that withstood the mildest of 25 January's here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Location, of course.  Last winter's snowfall here was almost twice that of 20-21.  A couple of sites in NW New Jersey had more snow in Feb 2021 than we had in that entire winter.  Last winter's base was the big dense dump in mid December - even the 3.25" Grinch deluge a week later couldn't take all the snow away, just left us with 12" of glacier that withstood the mildest of 25 January's here.

Oh look! Our Forester :D Another question for you, how much experience do you have with Armillaria mellea? The woods are alive with the stuff. Not only the oaks.  The ground is covered with honey mushrooms.

Here is the base of a seemingly perfectly healthy sweet birch.

20231010_101718.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Says a lot though but that's the best of professional can do in a year like this.

Yeah I guess?  I dunno, I still thought there was some good enjoyable color before the big rainstorm.

I enjoyed it briefly locally.  We had some good color in the first wave that hit higher elevations in the north.  Never made it down there to check though elsewhere.

It’s completely over and done now.

November stick season.  Leaves gone.

0C2746CB-EAFD-411B-B5F6-E185E9F4FAF3.jpeg.a5c933ca417b9fb295cf7131038ede59.jpeg

• Like 1