Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Seems like it’s gonna happen potentially around that time.

Yeah it’s such a wide range of dates… we’ve been shoveling snow off the deck at the top of the Gondola as early as like the beginning of October and then I know we’ve also waited till November for the first dustings.  We’ve had a 24-30” pack in late October (I think 2005 or 2006 it was) after a couple big events… or watching grass grow in mild/dry.

Thats why my gut says mid-October as a mean blend of early and late.  Tons of variance.

• Like 1

I’d honestly have to look at the old Coop data, that has/had the longest reliable data.  Off the cuff I’d say mid-October.

Oct 10th thru 20th seems to be about right to get these kind of first snows the last few years here.

2401a2da102cec5552ee0ec5f190c3b5.jpg

this was Oct 17th 2020 and 2021 was almost exactly the same date. I don’t remember last year, but I feel it was later.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it’s such a wide range of dates… we’ve been shoveling snow off the deck at the top of the Gondola as early as like the beginning of October and then I know we’ve also waited till November for the first dustings.  We’ve had a 24-30” pack in late October (I think 2005 or 2006 it was) after a couple big events… or watching grass grow in mild/dry.

Thats why my gut says mid-October as a mean blend of early and late.  Tons of variance.

We went up one Columbus day weekend and woke up to the top of the mountain white.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Should have been here today. Plenty of winter fantasizing going on. Yamaha was fantasizing that they’re still a real sled manufacturer.  

71838335448__2F129C50-9EDD-439F-ADFB-EA323B9D7558.jpeg

71838333768__7618A55A-2BF0-42F9-9016-17F03101D450.jpeg

Too bad and sad that we’re losing a manufacturer.  Where’s that at?  

A buddy and I are heading to Epping, NH tomorrow morning to the sled show…heard that snowmobile show is fabulous. So We’ll soon find out.