Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

17 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol..ya it was frigid last Xmas eve and day. We missed the big blizzard to the west too then. Total Rat. 

Xmas 2021 was kind of cold too...lot of ice that morning after the little Xmas eve snow event. Maybe we can go 3 in a row that isn't a torch.

• Like 2

There really is a very big HA signal ( I wonder how she feels to know her initials are codified haha) ...

Typically, that signal is more correlative in winter ...  It's not only not winter, but it is early in autumn in a warmer than normal world - bit of an intriguing incongruency there. 

That said, there is multi-guidance/ensemble derived whopper +PNA whiplash hemisphere coming at the end of this week.  A big restoring event might materialize despite the seasonality of the correlation, just because the shear magnitude of the PNA modality is so huge (supposition).

image.png.e73ff1a208e18f3aeb82c4dfd597fe71.png

The Phillipe aspect is an add-in, but it's not really what this hemisphere is going to be about.  More like a mouse that happen to run across a path intersection with an angry elephant stampede.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

In my neck of the woods we hit 12/23/22 with as-expected Christmas warmth of 53.1 degrees and winds beginning to absolutely crank.  My poorly placed PWS recorded a 42.3mph gust at about 12' off the ground.  Might be the highest it's ever recorded.

Lost power late 12/23 and didn't get it back until 5:30pm on 12/24, thankfully.

High of 16.5 and low of 11.5 on 12/24 with winds calming but still blowing solidly.  Absolutely miserable gassing up the generator in that.  

Christmas day was salvaged with a respectable high of 27.9, winds still blowing, but the power was on!

2 hours ago, Layman said:

In my neck of the woods we hit 12/23/22 with as-expected Christmas warmth of 53.1 degrees and winds beginning to absolutely crank.  My poorly placed PWS recorded a 42.3mph gust at about 12' off the ground.  Might be the highest it's ever recorded.

Lost power late 12/23 and didn't get it back until 5:30pm on 12/24, thankfully.

High of 16.5 and low of 11.5 on 12/24 with winds calming but still blowing solidly.  Absolutely miserable gassing up the generator in that.  

Christmas day was salvaged with a respectable high of 27.9, winds still blowing, but the power was on!

At my place, 12/23/22 began with an inch of mush followed by a deluge, total precip 3.25", unseating the super-Grinch of 12/25/20 for December's greatest precip.  Last 3 Decembers have been seriously AN for temps.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

At my place, 12/23/22 began with an inch of mush followed by a deluge, total precip 3.25", unseating the super-Grinch of 12/25/20 for December's greatest precip.  Last 3 Decembers have been seriously AN for temps.

While you're here. Does this look normal for a pine sapling? Thanks in advance.

20231004_121011.jpg

17 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It’s so beautiful outside. A part of it is depressing in a way knowing this is the warmest day well for a while. 

Not for me…I’m looking forward to the cool down. It is gorgeous out, but I’m done with 80 degrees…let’s get the upper 50’s to around 60 breezy sunny days rolling now. Bye Bye Summer temps. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Not for me…I’m looking forward to the cool down. It is gorgeous out, but I’m done with 80 degrees…let’s get the upper 50’s to around 60 breezy sunny days rolling now. Bye Bye Summer temps. 

1000%

Give me something closer to normal. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Who still has AC in lol? Refuse to put them in , in April May when needed , but have them into October with cool nights 

I do! Actually today may be the last day of running it for temp maintenance for our chinchillas. We haven't run it in a while but it got pretty warm on the first floor yesterday. Most likely uninstall happens Friday.

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Had to flip the switch Monday and Tuesday evening…was a getting a lil warm. I like it cool in the house (67-68) when sleeping. I’ll use it again tonight too, then we’ll see how Thursday evening is?  A few dollars is worth being comfortable imo. 

Night sweats are the worst. Freaking memory foam mattress... Yeah the unit in the bedroom stays in longer than the first floor!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

While you're here. Does this look normal for a pine sapling? Thanks in advance.

20231004_121011.jpg

That's a sick tree.  The first-year needles are yellow, while this time of year the 2nd-year needles would be falling off and the 1st years' needles are retained.  I see green 1st-year needles in the upper right and right edge - different tree?

• Like 1