• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Another big Sept rain event between roughly midnight Friday morning and midnight Sunday morning (bulk 9/29-30/2023)

wdrag

9 minutes ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

The blob weakened as it got into my area and favored areas west. Perhaps a sign of things to come.

HRRR still has 3-6" across the island, more west. The initial heavy rain will be west of us but during the day tomorrow it evolves into more of a comma shape and translates east. I'm glad it's walking away from the Aug 2014 and 2011 type insane totals, that would be major to catastrophic. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Nam has the sharp cutoff further west but the heaviest in the same general area. Bullseye in the Hudson valley

Nope, regular NAM (not the 3k) has it over LI. By tomorrow 0z there's 6" IMBY and still pouring. Our time with it will probably be late morning/afternoon. 3K looks different from the regular NAM again.

I wouldn't say we're out of the woods on LI for very heavy rain totals. 

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Nope, regular NAM (not the 3k) has it over LI. By tomorrow 0z there's 6" IMBY and still pouring. Our time with it will probably be late morning/afternoon. 3K looks different from the regular NAM again.

I wouldn't say we're out of the woods on LI for very heavy rain totals. 

I see the 3km is still going with the idea of more of a run of the mill heavy rain event. 1 to 3 inches for most people. Hopefully that along with the HRRR backing down is a sign that the tri-state is gonna avoid an epic flood event. Still a major event, and obviously and we can't discount the possibility of something more dramatic. 

Driving along the barrier island in northern Ocean County. Coming down pretty hard with this new band pushing ashore. One lightning flash and a low rumble of thunder too. Windy, 30-35 mph gusts. Side streets along Barnegat Bay are experiencing minor tidal flooding along the shoulders and storm drains.