• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Another big Sept rain event between roughly midnight Friday morning and midnight Sunday morning (bulk 9/29-30/2023)

wdrag

3 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

office worker will be mostly at home given it's a friday so that will help

I’m not looking forward to it, I have to be at work to deal with any potential flooding too. Almost feel like I should just stay, and sleep In my shop. Where ever the heaviest axis sets up, could be a 100 year flood type event with all the resulting damage. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I’m not looking forward to it, I have to be at work to deal with any potential flooding too. Almost feel like I should just stay, and sleep In my shop. Where ever the heaviest axis sets up, could be a 100 year flood type event with all the resulting damage. 

Aug ‘14 is forever burned into my brain. Bay Shore train station parking lot was a lake

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Already pouring in Manhattan, not a good sign. 

Some areas south of Tom's River are closing in on 2 inches but models had almost nothing for them to this point. It doesn't necessarily mean anything for the main show later tonight into tomorrow, but it shows how hard these mesoscale features are to pin down. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Someone might get that with a setup like this. My hunch is it'll be west of us but we'll get plenty too. 

Not sure if you know the brightwaters area, but there was a raging river running from the lakes to the Brightwaters canal. Probably 2 feet deep. Only thing that topped it was Sandy surge. 

26 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Someone might get that with a setup like this. My hunch is it'll be west of us but we'll get plenty too. 

It looks like something similar to what happened during Ida’s remnants might occur, at least when it comes to the rainfall jackpot, just with a more N-S axis. Hopefully the flooding isn’t as bad…

• Like 1

I wouldn’t focus on the run to run shifting on any model, I’d just focus on the radar. It’ll be a nowcast situation. These setups tend to favor NJ and the city but it really could be anywhere and the models all have the heavy rain axis pivoting around, so one swath will get the most in the AM but eventually everyone gets the hose.