• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Autumn 2023 Banter

bristolri_wx

I'm old enough to remember trying to sell cold gross hot dogs when the stadium was half full to a bunch of drunks (my first job with an actual paycheck) in the old Schaeffer Stadium.  I remember 1-15 and 2-14 seasons.

While I love to watch them being competitive, my cup runneth over.

You will never see this again in the NFL

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I mean, we are worse than them now. The patriots are in a worse spot than just about any other nfl team right now. Team sucks, limited assets, no quarterback, no coach, no direction.

And an owner who doesn’t want to spend money. Just like Mr. John Henry. 

6 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Really, how many World Series did they have in the 80 years prior to his ownership?

Credit should be given where it's due. However, it's clear they don't prioritize spending on the team now like they did in years past. There's a reason the Sox are called Tampa Bay North now

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yup, I’d flush everyone. Friends and family of bill, you’re gone.

I don't get the family part, his son's a coach on the defense, one of the best in the league, Bill's a defensive coach so probably that's why but the offensive side was the problem and has been since TB left. I like the way the D is, redo the whole offensive side of coaching, let the new guy do what he wants, if he keeps some guys on D, so what.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I'm old enough to remember trying to sell cold gross hot dogs when the stadium was half full to a bunch of drunks (my first job with an actual paycheck) in the old Schaeffer Stadium.  I remember 1-15 and 2-14 seasons.

While I love to watch them being competitive, my cup runneth over.

You will never see this again in the NFL

I was a tee boy that season. I think Toys-R-Us had a contest and you could run out and grab the tee after the first kick off. I think it was the Browns game I got the honor. 

It wasn't going to last forever, but I did think Bill would walk away. Even though this was "mutual" I think he got led out the door. I do think the team underestimates what a draw he was. Players whether they liked him or not always viewed him as a lottery ticket to a Super Bowl. With that gone, I don't think people are knocking down the doors to come to Foxboro.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mreaves said:

We are now past peak with regards to off premise sales.  Too many breweries and brand loyalty is a thing of the past.  Liquor, wine and canned cocktail sales have gone up while craft beer has gone down. 
$18 - $25 4 packs has not helped the cause. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We are now past peak with regards to off premise sales.  Too many breweries and brand loyalty is a thing of the past.  Liquor, wine and canned cocktail sales have gone up while craft beer has gone down. 

craft beer has reached saturation, there are just so many options. there is a packie near me that sells nothing but craft beer. the number of brands, types, and styles of craft beer is mind boggling. I think you nailed it: Too many breweries now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I was a tee boy that season. I think Toys-R-Us had a contest and you could run out and grab the tee after the first kick off. I think it was the Browns game I got the honor. 

It wasn't going to last forever, but I did think Bill would walk away. Even though this was "mutual" I think he got led out the door. I do think the team underestimates what a draw he was. Players whether they liked him or not always viewed him as a lottery ticket to a Super Bowl. With that gone, I don't think people are knocking down the doors to come to Foxboro.

If they win, they will come.

14 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

craft beer has reached saturation, there are just so many options. there is a packie near me that sells nothing but craft beer. the number of brands, types, and styles of craft beer is mind boggling. I think you nailed it: Too many breweries now.

Place near me has an addition that has all craft beers, there's a sick amount out there now.

33 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Place near me has an addition that has all craft beers, there's a sick amount out there now.

The pie has been sliced into too many pieces which will result in financial pain from most breweries.  Spirits surpassed beer sales for the first time ever in 2023.

On premise tap sales will continue to keep many breweries alive but anybody relying on packaged beer sales should be worried.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The pie has been sliced into too many pieces which will result in financial pain from most breweries.  Spirits surpassed beer sales for the first time ever in 2023.

On premise tap sales will continue to keep many breweries alive but anybody relying on packaged beer sales should be worried.

I was sad to see two local breweries close in 2023. Milk Room which was out in a pasture one a farm and River Styx in downtown Fitchburg.   I know some close each year but these were the first near me. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I was sad to see two local breweries close in 2023. Milk Room which was out in a pasture one a farm and River Styx in downtown Fitchburg.   I know some close each year but these were the first near me. 

River Styx was good never went to Milk Room.  I’m pretty sure Bull Spit is gone too.  We will lose a few more in the next year.

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Kind of reminds me of the frozen yogurt phase. Tons of places opened around here like 15ish years ago and all were gone within 5-7 years except a few.

The price like you mentioned has just gotten outrageous as well. I like a good craft beer, but I’m just as well fine buying a case of coors for 15 bucks.

5 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

hopefully ticket prices will come down

• Haha 1

Japan is a bucket list snow spot on the north island.  Cold air from Siberia, crossing the Sea of Japan, then plowing into high topography… it’s a dream set up.  Theres a reason some of these towns average like 400-500”.

26” overnight in Niseko, Japan a couple days ago, with rates to 6”/hr.  The culture plus snowfall and ski terrain… would love to visit someday.

IMG_7439.jpeg.7fb556fcec1a814ae3d5d12454f62cfb.jpeg

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Japan is a bucket list snow spot on the north island.  Cold air from Siberia, crossing the Sea of Japan, then plowing into high topography… it’s a dream set up.  Theres a reason some of these towns average like 400-500”.

26” overnight in Niseko, Japan a couple days ago, with rates to 6”/hr.  The culture plus snowfall and ski terrain… would love to visit someday.

Yea bucket list for sure. An Experience like no other.

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Right? Not sure how long he was buried but he had to be running out of air soon. The thoughts that went through his head…

This happened last year our west where they had the tremendous amounts of snow.  I saw a video clip after the fact where the rescuer and rescuee had a beer together and chatted briefly about it.  I seem to recall the guy who was buried didn't have a whole lot to say.  I can't imagine being in that position and going from having fun, to oops, to uh-oh, to oh shxt, to this is it...

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

you will need to bring the proper winter gear.

D82FB67F-AA1D-4CF4-BEED-1412F91FD5A9.thumb.jpeg.d2e9ef24d544df0af505bd6168a74882.jpeg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

The Japanese Alps along with the heights in Hokkaido must be in the running for snowiest places on Earth, along with Rainier, Baker and the mts behind Sitka and Juneau.