Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Autumn 2023 Banter

bristolri_wx

6 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Lol, tipping is beyond out of control. Never thought I'd see it extend to an online purchase. Seriously?Screenshot_20231117_165736_Firefox Nightly.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

That's crazy - not a fan of this trend.  I actually placed a couple orders with those guys within the past 6 months and never had the option to tip.  Must be a new thing or maybe just a mobile thing?  I ordered via PC.  

Ironically, I had one of our cars detailed and ceramic coated yesterday, picked it up today.  While paying for the expensive-but-I'll-be-damned-if-I-do-it-myself service it popped up a tip option.  Took me by surprise and....I caved.  They did a good job but a 20% tip on a 5 figure service?!  I don't think so.  $25 because you guilted me into it and it still hurts my principles :lol:

• Like 3

That's crazy - not a fan of this trend.  I actually placed a couple orders with those guys within the past 6 months and never had the option to tip.  Must be a new thing or maybe just a mobile thing?  I ordered via PC.  
Ironically, I had one of our cars detailed and ceramic coated yesterday, picked it up today.  While paying for the expensive-but-I'll-be-damned-if-I-do-it-myself service it popped up a tip option.  Took me by surprise and....I caved.  They did a good job but a 20% tip on a 5 figure service?!  I don't think so.  $25 because you guilted me into it and it still hurts my principles 
Ha. I get my coffee and muffin at this store right before work and the card reader presents me with the option for a tip every time. Nope!

4 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Ha. I get my coffee and muffin at this store right before work and the card reader presents me with the option for a tip every time. Nope!

Recently experienced a self service airport kiosk with no human workers at all, that prompted me for a tip. Like where does that $$ go?

Mind blown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Just put up my tree

8 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Too early

Good afternoon Anthony/Lava Rock. I sit here on 11/18 listening to a continuous FM lite holiday music station. Poignantly playing ‘Let It Snow’. I remember over a quarter century ago, my lost love decorating the outside of the row house the week before Thanksgiving. My younger daughter, who agreed with you Lava Rock, said she had to put a paper bag lover her head when she left the house. When I was very young, my father, who was always up for an axiom, would say …. “Of taste there can be no dispute” he would give me his no rebuttal look and that would be that. Be well and as always, thankful …..

IMG_6904.png

• Like 2

Solid SE surf this morning from the storm that started off the Florida coast on Friday and travelled northward around 68 longitude. Light NW winds with temperatures in the 30's. Clear skies all day. | Meanwhile, snow guns blazing up north with reasonable outlook of natural snow opportunities for the mountains, all equates to skiing next weekend. | Good to get out there and enjoy what mother nature dishes out!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dryslot said:

If you have a minute to watch this, Very emotional and uplifting by Justin and Sam Juray that owns Just-In-Time Bowling after the mass shooting at there Bowling Center.

Gotta be tough for them and the people up there. When I was a kid the nearby bowling alley was bombed, luckily no one was hurt so different in our case but it was shocking.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

My wife went for 4 days with her friend at a reasonable cost, she wants to go again with me, 4 days she said is pretty good amount of time to see a lot.

4-5 days is definitely a good amount of time. Flights are pretty reasonable. Food is pricey but to be expected in such a remote place

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

My wife said it's expensive there, for food and lodging, did you find that?

We had 2 days on Iceland as part of our Norway excursion in 2017 - no extra landing/takeoff cost from Icelandic Air, stayed at an AirBNB which was reasonable.  Exchange rate was about 100 Icelandic kroner to the dollar and a good lunch (all the food there was good) ran 3000/4000 kroner.  A year later it was about 140/$1, but we weren't counting kroner on that trip, just loving it.

• Like 1

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

When I went most of the food was very good. I don’t recall any bad meals really other than one pizza we had at Dominoes. lol.   Their hot dogs are amazeballs.  
We did have the fermented shark with one meal. lol.    

I told my to try the shark, she saw it on the menu but didn't order it. I saw the Bizarre Food Guy try it in Iceland he had trouble putting it down, said it has an ammonia smell. My wife actually has been looking at a cruise for us to take, 10 days with stops in Iceland, Greenland and Scandanavia, I'm leaning on going that way, cost is very reasonable, and I like the comfort of a cruise ship.