Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter 2023

George BM

2013-14 in the Mid Atlantic, anyone?

Remember that, folks? When I still lived in Dale City?

Larry Cosgrove made reference to late 2013, and I feel very happy about your chances for important snow events in the Washington DC Metropolitan Region! That season, 2013-2014, was one of our better snow seasons in northern Virginia! Cosgrove also mentions late 2009! Anyone for 2009-2010?

I am your ETERNAL OPTIMIST for SNOW in the Mid Atlantic, no matter where I might actually live!

On 9/10/2023 at 1:32 PM, MDstorm said:

Lol….. I guess paying Lamar a gazillion dollars and bringing in a new high flying offensive coordinator wasn’t enough to handle the lowly Texans.  Maybe The Ravens will make those halftime adjustments that they are famous for (not) doing. :axe:

What was that about my Texans? lol

25 minutes ago, snowfan said:

I haven’t seen anything about a public lottery for Os playoff tickets. Just the option for birdland members. Anyone find anything about a lottery? I’ll suck it up and go the stub hub route if necessary but yikes on the prices.

Heard second hand it will happen after the season ticket holder sale later this week.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

What a day for Baltimore sports

Easily one of the best Sunday sports afternoons in Baltimore in a long time! Very satisfying win over Cincy with our new offense starting to click (and literally every off-season acquisiton making a play)...and the the Orioles with a statement win! Wow.

And these Orioles...I mean it is just incredible what we are seeing. Don't think there's a better team story in baseball right now...and it's still being written! They're just getting started :)

• Like 6

You guys, I have a plastic rain gauge stuck in the ground in an open area...so this morning, I'm drinking coffee, looking out the back door, and one of the resident foxes walks up to it, sniffs the opening, and lifts his leg right over (into?) it lmao!!! :lol:. Not like a noticeable stream of pee, visually or in the gauge. Maybe just scenting. The gauge has only been there a week or so otherwise I'd have to question if all my totals have been inflated :lol:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

:weenie:

That might not necessarily merit a hotdog. Larry Cosgrove mentioned that late this year is a 2009 and also a 2013 analog. Remember 2009-2010 and 2013-2014? Those were both blockbuster blizzard years for the Mid Atlantic. We could not keep up with shoveling snow both those winters. You might want to stock up on hot dogs, lots of food, beer, billions of IPA's and whatever you drink to stay awake, because this late autumn and all winter you will be awake for DAYS glued to model runs, because of all the snowstorms that are gonna demolish Washington DC and vicinity. Nino is bringing moisture and tons of snow this winter to the Mid Atlantic. Western Maryland is literally going to get palisaded to death with unimaginable amounts of snow and DC won't be far behind. One snowstorm will develop a monster comma head that will shred DC to death with torrential snows then refuse to move away, and the conveyor belt will just bring in so much moisture, that the heavy snows will simply pile up. They will call this storm, the Day After Tomorrow blizzard. The term will be first coined up on this subforum. That jet is going to be a BEAST. Abnormally high SST's are going to cause storms to explode. There is going to be an ultraabundance of moisture. This is going to be an autumn and winter like no other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really wish the Os would stop trotting Flaherty out there every 6th say. 2 weeks left in the season. Put him in the bull pen as your Long man. Go with Bradish, Means, kremer, Rodriguez and Gibson.

Flaherty hasn't given the Os a chance to win since he's first start back at the beginning of August 

The trade has pretty much been a disaster 

15 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I really wish the Os would stop trotting Flaherty out there every 6th say. 2 weeks left in the season. Put him in the bull pen as your Long man. Go with Bradish, Means, kremer, Rodriguez and Gibson.

Flaherty hasn't given the Os a chance to win since he's first start back at the beginning of August 

The trade has pretty much been a disaster 

Did you hear Hyde selling him as an extra bat last night?   He was making all of those switches and mentioned that they were 7 spots from the DH, which they subbed out.  Flaherty would have batted if necessary since he batted in the past and was decent for a pitcher. 

• mappy unpinned this topic