• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Rtd208

.69" rainfall on the day so far.

Expectations for severe over NNJ later today are low.  Hoping for at least another slug of rainfall.  Will be disappointed in anything less than .50".  Looks like the usual SNJ on south and west type event....AGAIN.  Don't need or want the severe just a little more rainfall and I'll call it a win.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

We loose the instability after 5pm 

Yep that's what I said yesterday. I didn't like that the timing of the storms was for night after we lose the daytime heating. I wouldn't expect much tonight, but we'll keep an eye on it just in case. At least we got a decent soaking this morning. I got 0.62" here. Nice watering for the garden so I'm happy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yep that's what I said yesterday. I didn't like that the timing of the storms was for night after we lose the daytime heating. I wouldn't expect much tonight, but we'll keep an eye on it just in case. At least we got a decent soaking this morning. I got 0.62" here. Nice watering for the garden so I'm happy. 

Nam barely has anything for tonight and tomorrow for the NYC area.

• Like 1

Can’t recall an SPC moderate risk this far east before, I’m assuming though this definitely isn’t a first, right?

Still that 10% tornado risk area and CAPE estimations in the DC area are pretty wild. 

Here at work in Hillside (due west of NYC) it’s been consistently cloudy with on and off light rain, humid but not especially warm. Unless the sun starts peaking out I’d imagine it keeps a lid on severe potential up here. 

• Like 1

76 / 71 and 0.59 in the bucket between 3Am and 450AM.  Mainly cloudy but already breaks in the clouds and could see some sun and a push into the 80s before the next round of storms this afternoon and evening.  Tue looks cloudy with isolated showers / storms before drying out Wed (8/10).    Ridge anchored out west and trough into the NE.  The Western Atlantic ridge builds west in phases, foirst by the end of this week and into the weekend butting up against the trouh and keeping the boundary front nearby with storms chances.  

By 8/14 / 8/15 the ridge is further expanding albeit not as strong as previous forecasts and likely more like late July where core of the ridge keep the strongest heat south but warm to hot , humid and likely storms chances as we push over into the second half of the month.

The way beyond - looks like the trough is in / out before ridging into the east.

GOES16-NE-GEOCOLOR-600x600.gif  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

Huh? Been raining all morning on south shore. Are you referring to the activity tonight?

Took his post as it wasn’t raining there today…radar looks decent for That area currently. The evening stuff won’t make it that far east imo 

13 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

I think this worked out really nicely for the area. Got a lot of nice rain this morning. Hopefully killed T storm chances for later. 

I can tell you on the aviation front we can’t take many more days with these severe lines coming through. It’s been a terrible summer operationally because of them.

July was a record month for US severe reports. But it seems like Europe had even more extreme severe.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the_other_guy said:

I think this worked out really nicely for the area. Got a lot of nice rain this morning. Hopefully killed T storm chances for later. 

I can tell you on the aviation front we can’t take many more days with these severe lines coming through. It’s been a terrible summer operationally because of them.

Aviation twitter has been going crazy all summer.  From FAA staffing issues to the weather, it's been a nightmare for passengers as well as flight crews this summer.  I saw diversions over the SE yesterday due to T-storms.

• Like 1