Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Tries to tell ya how hot US open week is but ya didn't listen. Congrats to everyone who has to work and the kids in school. We beach we party we endless summer

if it's supposed to be like that why is it above average

28 minutes ago, tamarack said:

That 4th-week heat is only matched/topped by the record highs of 9/21-23/1895.

Sprinkles just began here at 9:30.

That was a crazy end to the month heat wise. It’s hard to believe it ended up 3rd warmest after being -11F 3 days in and -4.6F through 9/11. 

Still not completely sold on a solid uninterrupted span of hot days...

By hot I mean 90+ .. but obviously 87/72 gets the job done...  I guess indirectly, "where does the front end up"    

The ridge is kind of flat.  It has nodes of 594

( in itself interesting that we are still raising the roof of the troposphere that high, this late, so frequently in guidance ... let's ask CNN why. LOL ) 

... below the westerlies. But there are S/W running along S Canada which can easily correct SE once east of 90W.  I think we're good for a 2-day stint at interesting heat though.

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Still not completely sold on a solid uninterrupted span of hot days...

By hot I mean 90+ .. but obviously 87/72 gets the job done...  I guess indirectly, "where does the front end up"    

The ridge is kind of flat.  It has nodes of 594

( in itself interesting that we are still raising the roof of the troposphere that high, this late, so frequently in guidance ... let's ask CNN why. LOL ) 

... below the westerlies. But there are S/W running along S Canada which can easily correct SE once east of 90W.  I think we're good for a 2-day stint at interesting heat though.

CON normals for 9/1 are 79/54. By mid month it is 74/49. So it won't take much to rack up double digit positive departures...especially at the rad pits.

• Like 1

Should pass pretty quickly from frontal scunge/murk and wet, right into sun as there's a pretty clearly defined back edge to the baroclinic axis entering western CT/MA ...

I like days like that, provided that happens before say 4 pm...  It's interesting how different the day will be at 5 compared to where it "was" at 10am when that happens.

• Like 1

I hope we build up as much heat and humidity as possible, get an EML train going, and then drive in a powerful trough which brings us Fall...but before Fall comes Fall...Fall is in all the trees across the region falling down by a massive bow derecho which takes down every tree, forest, and chimney across the region and Santa is left having to knock on people's doors to deliver presents this winter

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 2

52 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I hope we build up as much heat and humidity as possible, get an EML train going, and then drive in a powerful trough which brings us Fall...but before Fall comes Fall...Fall is in all the trees across the region falling down by a massive bow derecho which takes down every tree, forest, and chimney across the region and Santa is left having to knock on people's doors to deliver presents this winter

Followed by a tropical system two days later 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tamarack said:

GYX folks have been tearing their hair out for days trying to figure how Franklin will affect today's rain, but I think dropping our area to the 1/4-1/2" bracket was the right call.  All the bright colors are fading to green and blue as they approach our locale.

Picked up over an inch in an hour between 1020-1120.  Surprised no FFW was issued.  Surely Commercial St in PWM in under water.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

if early Sept is supposed to be hot why isn't the anomaly 0

Do some research once please. You spout and pout. 2 years ago you said no more BN summer months. Now we have had 3 in 2 years. Good luck on your research now go back to trolling NYC and  Democrats in OT

Screenshot_20230830_125725_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230830_125731_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230830_125911_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

22 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Closer to 0.2" here.  And given the Franklin-driven waves and astronomical max tides, you may be right about Commercial St. 

Even without the tides, Commercial St will flood when we get rates like that.  All the water flowing down the hill, plus the storm drains get overwhelmed and water will push up and through the manhole covers.  Add in the tides and you've got a real mess.

30 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Do some research once please. You spout and pout. 2 years ago you said no more BN summer months. Now we have had 3 in 2 years. Good luck on your research now go back to trolling NYC and  Democrats in OT

Screenshot_20230830_125725_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230830_125731_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230830_125911_Chrome.jpg

In his defense the normals keep going up every 10 years. When the goalposts keep shifting it gives the BN fans a handicap.

42 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Even without the tides, Commercial St will flood when we get rates like that.  All the water flowing down the hill, plus the storm drains get overwhelmed and water will push up and through the manhole covers.  Add in the tides and you've got a real mess.

Going to Dimillos tonight. Will bring the truck:D

• Like 3