Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

True, but BDL had 3.75" from Connie on 8/12-14 then 14.40" from Diane with only 3 days between.  Farther NW, Norfolk measured 8.54" from Connie then 12.88" from Diane.  Maybe the current system would reduce the damage, but it would still be catastrophic.

Down our way in NNJ, Connie dumped about 8" and Diane 3-4" less.  Even with that close sequence, Diane's flooding was significantly less than from Connie.

Edit:  The death toll in PA might've been greater than in CT, with the camp on Brodhead Creek being the worst calamity.

chart.jpeg

Effing yellow jackets. I hate those f******.

TOPSFIELD, Mass. —

More than a dozen children, plus camp counselors and teachers at a Topsfield, Massachusetts, playground, suffered multiple stings from wasps on Monday.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/topsfield-massachusetts-campers-stung-swarm-wasps-yellow-jackets/44833174

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Just read a bit on the 1858 San Diego hurricane (though not sure if technically a cane since no landfall) but I could picture Steve’s relatives getting on a cross country locomotive to catch the surf 

It wasn’t completed until 1869. They would have had to take a Yankee clipper around the Horn or Pony Express it. 

Edit: I stand corrected, the Pony Express started in 1860. 

• Like 1