Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday, July 27, 2023 Severe Weather Potential

weatherwiz

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Gotta agree with you on this Brett….some heavy rain and that’s it here…a good drink, and some rumbles of Thunder and she’s over. Typical severe SNE sh*t.  As I/we figured.  And we had lots of sun today too..92 degrees here for the hi. 

Cap tip wolfie. Always take the under on severe. Maybe once in a blue moon someone gets lucky, but 95% of the time, zzz

• Like 1

Didn't even get much rain in Hvn, let alone lightning, we were about the only remaining area with instability and LL shear unaffected by outflow but as expected, not even a storm really. From what I looked at last night the next one on Sat had more potential, but no doubt that will fail too. Stoopid hot and humid though, didn't even wanna walk to my car for the chase, if one was to had. Sigh... 

7 minutes ago, PWMan said:

Yyyep. At least with these we don't waste several days tracking like with winter storms.

There's actually enough severe reports to substantiate the headline, tho.

Now ... I'm not dense to the perspective given the way it "behaved" but there was a tor touch down, and enough wind problems sprinkled around the training cells in CT ...

Falling limbs killing Darwin candidates still happens whether the vibe succeeds. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:
Westfield Gas + Electric/Whip City Fiber
2 hours ago

UPDATE: There is widespread tree damage in Westfield. WG+E linemen and tree crews are assessing the damage and beginning clean up and repair. It might be a good time to find your flashlights--could be a while before everyone is restored. Thank you for your patience

That bow echo was intense. Glad I intercepted the south flank in East Longmeadow. Gusted to 55 at least.. but I missed core 

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Kind of figured we would see one concentrated swath of wind damage, but was totally off on where. I was thinking maybe northeast MA. 

IMG_1985.png

Yeah that's almost impossible.  NE MA is a death pit for severe.  It always dies here, today great example.  unless it's along a seabreeze front and something really lucky with large hail/microburst stuff, this is the graveyard. 

3 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Yeah that's almost impossible.  NE MA is a death pit for severe.  It always dies here, today great example.  unless it's along a seabreeze front and something really lucky with large hail/microburst stuff, this is the graveyard. 

This was the area I was more thinking of 

IMG_1989.png