Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

That’s like saying we’re over the hump with winter on 1/30. Some winters are just starting around then…lol. There’s still a lot of summer to go. We haven’t had a brutal heat day yet either. 

We’ve got a large portion of Augdewst and Dewptember to go through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

That’s like saying we’re over the hump with winter on 1/30. Some winters are just starting around then…lol. There’s still a lot of summer to go. We haven’t had a brutal heat day yet either. 

You haven't had a brutal heat day you mean. 2013 redeaux. All ens below 85 for next 15 is a huge turn around. Dewy days are rainy days but we dry out quickly. Some winters basically end Jan 30th down here but of course there are winter days,some summers flip the script even with more summer days. LFG plus it irks the shit out of Kev when we say say broke back. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You haven't had a brutal heat day you mean. 2013 redeaux. All ens below 85 for next 15 is a huge turn around. Dewy days are rainy days but we dry out quickly. Some winters basically end Jan 30th down here but of course there are winter days,some summers flip the script even with more summer days. LFG plus it irks the shit out of Kev when we say say broke back. 

The heat is relative. 93 here is big and that’s pushing 98 CON-MHT-ASH. My point is we haven’t had that yet, and most of the heat we did have was earlier in the season with only modest dews. Like Tippy has said, we haven’t had anything highly anomalous like the rest of the country has seen so far. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The heat is relative. 93 here is big and that’s pushing 98 CON-MHT-ASH. My point is we haven’t had that yet, and most of the heat we did have was earlier in the season with only modest dews. Like Tippy has said, we haven’t had anything highly anomalous like the rest of the country has seen so far. 

Yea low mins but meh on 90s for sure

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They probably smell like moth balls since they’ve been in storage since June 20th. Is it even worth it to get them out for a few days before they go back into storage until mid- late September?

You walk outside on an absolutely gorgeous day and just get irately angry that it’s so pleasant out?

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, dendrite said:

Yeeeah, I thought I was being tongue-in-cheek when I said that?  Implicitly I was ranting over a few posts at the time, commenting really on the GFS' eagerness to push that idea...

I will say though...if we don't stop with this persistence return/base state ridge over the PAC NW,  ... the odds of getting siggy heat really will drop earlier than climatology.   

I mean ...summer's back breaking is obviously just a euphemism - less any means to really quantify what that means .. . My subjective take on that is, the back is broken when probability becomes/ or overwhelmingly would seem, to have fallen out of contention.  I would not say we are there by any stretch... but if we keep it up to Aug 15... yeah okay