Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

3 hours ago, radarman said:

Nice, I heard they were officially open.  I finally made it to the Deerfield taproom not that long ago and the work they do is always impressive.  Hoping to get to Sandwich at some point also.

Have not been to the Sandwich or Woodstock CT sites.   I think they all have their unique vibe but the Tewksbury site is pretty amazing. They still need to work out the ordering logistics but it wasn’t too bad

46 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Have not been to the Sandwich or Woodstock CT sites.   I think they all have their unique vibe but the Tewksbury site is pretty amazing. They still need to work out the ordering logistics but it wasn’t too bad

Woodstock location on a nice day is a great place to chill and drink, I was not overly impressed with their selection and like nearby Taylor Brook winery/brewery offerings much better. Also, in FL there was a small cider bar in Ft Pierce (Pierced Cider Works)that was fantastic and may have raised the bar for me!

• Like 2

DPs are an interesting forecasting trickiness for nerds Tue/Wed...

Not sure I see where the GFS drying is coming from. This is a weak, albeit negatively tilted mid level beta-synoptic scaled thing working over a PWAT anomaly.  There's no real defined CAA/WAA cross-sectional analysis there.  Seems it should go from wet to muggy when the sun comes out.

I like the Euro DPs more for Wednesday, but it's temperatures seem too low for 900 mb T of 17C and a modest d-slope trajectory.   Man ... just a wonderful week for anyone on the spectrum, heh - 

8 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

I was in a wedding this weekend, but I've caught some bits and pieces of the modeling, and this seems to be quite the flooding event? I mean, you have to think this causes sine big issues somewhere. 

I think there will be isolated to scattered areas of significant flash flooding in CT but def not widespread.  Hrrr continues to advertise a training line of storms around daybreak in Western CT.

35 minutes ago, Not me in VT said:

The Irene comparisons I seeing; Even a chance of verifying? Do I pull my crews working in The Mount Snow region? Thanks guys and you all rock! Even Kev lol. 

Sadly I'm not qualified to answer your question. Just chiming in to ask what storm that is in your avatar.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

That’s the area near and NE of surface low for secondary jack. That’s gonna be nasty wherever that is.

Do you have an idea of where I'm at? Like nw of Hartford. I'm almost due s of that one town Southwick that just out into CT from MA. Looks like I could be in that area... 

2 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

Do you have an idea of where I'm at? Like nw of Hartford. I'm almost due s of that one town Southwick that just out into CT from MA. Looks like I could be in that area... 

I think it’s more late tonight and tomorrow morning there.