Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2023 General Discussion

rainsucks

13 hours ago, bowtie` said:

Why the farm fields? At 3:0something in the afternoon the Sun is 53 degrees up in the southwestern sky. You will be able to see it from downtown Indy if you so choose. Might have to walk a block or two at the most. It is not like it is happening close to sunrise or sunset and the Sun is on the horizon. Then I could see having to get to an open sky position. 

Simple.  I hate crowds and cities!! :lol:

Weatherbo's location to me is heaven on earth :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lightning said:

Simple.  I hate crowds and cities!! :lol:

Weatherbo's location to me is heaven on earth :thumbsup:

Different strokes...

I'm a *BIG* city boy through and through. I stayed in Nashville for the 2017 solar eclipse.

I can't do rural areas, for a number of reasons...

On 4/9/2023 at 9:37 AM, weatherbo said:

First 50 of the season today!  And it looks like the temp will stay above freezing through at least Saturday.

MQT is reporting 35 inches otg this morning and I have 38 inches.  Will be interesting to follow the progression of the melt.  Even with the warmth, I'm not convinced all this snow can melt in a week, we'll see.

1487400476_thumbnail(1).thumb.jpg.bdd8d09cfa825bbf0647125a8c8f1c21.jpg

5 hours ago, weatherbo said:

65 yesterday, 62 the day before with both nights staying in the 40’s. Snow depth down to 30”. 
not melting quick enough.

Losing 8" in two days is impressive enough.

4 minutes ago, Chambana said:

79 in Chambana-ville with light winds and full sun. Having a mini bags tournament tonight in the hood with a couple smokers going. 

seriously folks, this IS the best climo. 

I agree I’m outside right now. Got the lawnmower fired up for later in the week checking all my lawn stuff and have a stogie in my mouth to top it off. It’s only me and my 13 year old at home nice and quiet too :guitar:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Powerball said:

Different strokes...

I'm a *BIG* city boy through and through. I stayed in Nashville for the 2017 solar eclipse.

I can't do rural areas, for a number of reasons...

I am so glad there are city folks. :thumbsup:

It is so annoying when city people move out to the country but bring the city mentality with them. 

Like you say different strokes.  :drunk:

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

Suppose to have a sunny afternoon but all these clouds started to descend from the north unexpectedly, sucks. There was even some light precip on the bruce peninsula. I'm not convinced its just the lakes causing it, from the ridge axis as well:

2upfb.gif

ccw6k.png

So typical for our area.  Beautiful sunny morning.  Head home from work and it is filter/milky cloud crap.  At least it was still warm out!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MNstorms said:

Minneapolis will likely break it's record warm low today. Still 71F at 1am. Record is 60F. Record today is 83F. I wonder if we could get the earliest 90F on record by 3 days. 

dECp9UN.png

It’s ridiculous outside this morning, still 64 at 6am. I’m going to have to turn my AC on today. Todays record high is toast. 

1 hour ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

It’s ridiculous outside this morning, still 64 at 6am. I’m going to have to turn my AC on today. Todays record high is toast. 

I had to yesterday as it got to 82 inside my house by 7pm left it on 2 hours and had windows open rest of the night. First day today where I left the house for work without even a hoodie to wear

Very nice here. Low to mid 60's the last couple days with some low 70's being reported in the area.. Cooler by the lake with mid 50's, but that's normal. Today going to be another warm one in the upper 60's - low 70's, but reality hits with the coming storm passage for a chance of snow this weekend, especially into Monday. LOL But that's more normal mid April weather.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:56 AM, weatherbo said:

65 yesterday, 62 the day before with both nights staying in the 40’s. Snow depth down to 30”. 
not melting quick enough.

That must be incredibly heavy.  It's like summer mountain snow at this point.  What like 150" of powder all compressed down to 30"?

19 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

71 with 2 feet of snow otg.

Sound of birds, flowing water, and of course the black flies showed up as soon as possible.

That sounds awful.  No break from winter to black fly season.  My wife got bit on the eyelid a few years ago and her whole eye swelled shut the following day for about 8-12 hours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chinook said:

It was up to 93 at the lower elevations of South Dakota yesterday, up to 80 degrees at Cheyenne (6100 ft). That would be like a million degrees at sea level. (well, maybe not.)

what an april heat wave.jpg

27 degree 850s would equate to triple digits at sea level.  The low level jet is pushing it east, but April sun angle isn't quite the same as June or July.  It's a little harder to mix it all down.

9 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

That sounds awful.  No break from winter to black fly season.  My wife got bit on the eyelid a few years ago and her whole eye swelled shut the following day for about 8-12 hours.

Yea.  Black flies are obnoxious.  I react to them way more than mosquitos.  Even if they only bite one tiny spot, the whole area will erupt in itchy hives.  They go for the head and face way more than mosquitos too.  I spent the spring in Vermont in my younger days.  One warm day in May they all come out at once.

• Like 1