Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2023 General Discussion

rainsucks

40 minutes ago, Harry said:

So this is what it feels like living in the desert? Temp 82 and the humidity is only at 20%! Was 47 this morning. 

Already broke the record high which had been 80 set in 1941. 

Desert, you say? how about 2% relative humidity aloft, measured in Michigan. It's like 2% milk. 700mb dew points should still be -20C to -30C in Michigan right now.

2 percent relative humidty.jpg

1 hour ago, Chinook said:

Desert, you say? how about 2% relative humidity aloft, measured in Michigan. It's like 2% milk. 700mb dew points should still be -20C to -30C in Michigan right now.

2 percent relative humidty.jpg

That is pretty crazy.  Here at the surface it amazingly desert dry.  I am not sure I have personally witnessed 81 with a dew point of 28 in this area before.

Note: I am not saying it hasn't happened but rather personally witnessing it.

image.png.12156bed12935f461aac7967026e60e1.png

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

I wonder if it's some sort of record? 

The SPC web page has max/min/average climatology for basic upper air observed values, like 700mb dew point. The extremes at DTX of 700mb dew points are -45C and even lower for several days of the month of April.

Kicked the house AC on for the first time this year.  MLI hit 85 again, hit 84 here.  Dews are creeping up towards 50, and will likely make it to near 60 tomorrow, so good time to test the AC.

Trees have really exploded over the past few days.  Even the later leafer-outers like the oaks are leafing out now.

• Like 1

Reached 78 today... has since fallen back to 72.  Snow stake says 14" but some areas have more and some have less.  Roof is still melting off snow.
Looks like more rain than snow will fall here this weekend but could still see 8-12".  Far west UP could get clobbered.

5 years ago this week nearly 3' fell and snow depth climbed above 60"

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

Kicked the house AC on for the first time this year.  MLI hit 85 again, hit 84 here.  Dews are creeping up towards 50, and will likely make it to near 60 tomorrow, so good time to test the AC.

Trees have really exploded over the past few days.  Even the later leafer-outers like the oaks are leafing out now.

That’s what I’ve noticed too all the late bloomers around here are sprouting. It’s been a very rapid green up just for a shock to the system soon

15 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

76/49 here imby definitely more moisture in the air today

So glad this ends tomorrow. Too early for this warm and I'm not turning on AC. Have had all the windows open. Gets too cold in the morning, but I do it so it doesn't get as hot in the afternoon. 80 and 20% humidity would be a dream in July.

It’s going to catch a lot of people off guard tomorrow if the NAM verifies. We just need the low to meander a bit further west and the metro will cash in big time. 

It’d be one thing if it was just one or two models but everything I’ve seen seems to be trending upwards. A lot still has to come together just right this time of year but it sure seems like we still have a shot at breaking the season record.

4 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

So glad this ends tomorrow. Too early for this warm and I'm not turning on AC. Have had all the windows open. Gets too cold in the morning, but I do it so it doesn't get as hot in the afternoon. 80 and 20% humidity would be a dream in July.

That’s what I was telling my fiancé. This would have been fantastic post cold front summer weather. My house gets really hot so there I have turned my AC on when I’m cooking dinner then turn it off not long after. The windows stay open and it’s gets so cool. The rapid temp drop offs at night is neat

• Like 1