• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2023 General Discussion

rainsucks

Got an impressive t-storm considering I'm at 6C/1C 43F/34! Beats 70% of the storms I've had in the last 5 years. Blinding flashes and near house-rattlers at times. No hail or high winds though. It wasn't even the core of the leading cell. Reminds me a bit of Mar 13 2012 overnight storm with some tiny scraps of snow still on the ground. 

8mloh.png

At 8.4C/7C when I was suppose to be nearly 14 by now just forecast 12 hours ago. How am I suppose to make it to 20C by 2pm with this again? :lmao: Even better, my hourlies increased my temp high from 8 hours ago back to 19C now shown by 4pm lol. The 11am forecast would show me at 13C when clearly that's not happening.

Looks like 2-6" for the shore this morning. Drifted pretty good for a while early on, but snow became a little more wet, and mixed with sleet during the wee hours. I had 5" while co-op only reported 2" at the lakeshore this morning. I reported in at midnight, but the sleet, very wet light snow mix compacted it down while adding, so still 5". And as I'm writing this, another band of mod snow moving through for garnish LOL

20 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

30 and spitting flurries. Winter is hanging on strong this year. I’m on a job site in the woods in Lakeville MN (southern suburb) and there’s still easily 12-20” of snow here.

9338752C-0196-4969-8FBE-82F902FCD7B2.jpeg

EE88C43E-4FD5-494D-A1F8-684104A7984D.jpeg

Yuck that’s some shit to walk in for sure. I know the feeling back when we had the late January snow I got stuck working on a hillside the very next day :arrowhead: 

50's n 60's next week will feel nice. Rapid snowmelt, tho, will cause flooding issues. High water content with a robust snowpack this year. Duluth needs 4.1" of snow to beat their record, and TH 7NW needs 8.5". Going to be tight, but still have a 4 week window, or so, to do it in, and Duluth would be an easier reach. :) 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, madwx said:

next week is going to be amazing.  This is why April is the most important month to have Above Average temps each year

Also means Great Lake swimming a tad sooner if it can stay relatively warm. For me I was to go to Lake Huron asap

11 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Looks like 70s and 80s as far as the eye can see here starting on Sunday.  Lawns have really greened up the past several days.

Yeah they have. I already got 6 inch high patches and my lawn is all green for the most part. Going to have to mow in a couple weeks if not sooner

I started planting sweetcorn on Tuesday this week west of Peoria. It’s weeks too early by the calendar but the 10 day outlook looks favorable. Plenty of soil moisture, planting conditions were marginal at best but being the first guy with local sweetcorn for sale is money in the bank.

AB7FCD5A-12D4-42FC-BC77-4F4C26EE7F9C.jpeg

• Like 12

5 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

One last chilly morning in the low 20s. Warmup starts in earnest today. Kinda looking forward to it tbh. 

Yeah…as much as we both seem to enjoy the wonder of snow and cold, even I’m ready for some warmth by April. By then, the days are long no matter where you are in the northern hemisphere…so it doesn’t seem like winter needs to hang around. 

Give me deep winter from November to March, then 60s and 70s the rest of the year. 

• Like 3