• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Winter/ENSO Disco

40/70 Benchmark

anyone that includes the following statement in their seasonal outlook will look and most importantly 'have been' quite savvy.

'Any given locality has increased probability during this changing climate era to observe single event precipitation results that surpasses their climatological storm signal by significant margin, even achieving a larger percentage of their entire seasonal total.'

This type of synergistic phenomenon has happened too often, from summer rains to winter snows ... everywhere in the world, for too many years, not to consider as a significant impact type.   

• Confused 1

Actually, any predilection by the intelligentsia to engage in the manifestation of prolix exposition through a buzzword disposition form of communication notwithstanding the availability of more comprehensible, punctiliously applicable, diminutive alternatives is enough to impress you Mr. Tip.

After all, you are the reigning insufferable blowhard of the forum.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, raindancewx said:

Actually, any predilection by the intelligentsia to engage in the manifestation of prolix exposition through a buzzword disposition form of communication notwithstanding the availability of more comprehensible, punctiliously applicable, diminutive alternatives is enough to impress you Mr. Tip.

After all, you are the reigning insufferable blowhard of the forum.

hahaha pretty sure thats you buddy 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

well I am hoping to finish up my outlook this weekend (Actually I have too b/c if not I may never and I've put too much into it :lol: ). I was going to re-write it but decided not too. If it rivals the bible in terms of length than so be it. I'm just going going into as much depth as I did with the ENSO aspect. 

What really sucks for me is I suck with evaluating or forecasting Arctic stuff...which I get is very hard to do, but there are individuals who are very skilled at it. I really wish I had a better understanding of all these products, how to interpret them, and how to use them for forecasting purposes

https://www.stratobserve.com/

• Like 1

If that post was hard to understand I'm happy to explain another way.  I'm actually very approachable and am usually willing to do so if asked.  That said, I'm also not always serious in the way I deliver material - sometimes its whimsy.  I was writing that way to kid around.

Anyway, to put it differently, there is clearly a rise in occurrences that exceeded leading indicators taking place all over the world.  It's a worthwhile bullet point in any seasonal outlook. 

10 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

new CanSIPS is tasty. starts warm but transitions in Jan to a pretty loaded look for Feb/Mar… -AO/NAO, +PNA/-EPO with split flow

IMG_3458.jpeg.4fb7a813477cfabb1c37dba4b6872524.jpegIMG_3457.jpeg.679b3502cdf4fb6922f6a78be580152a.jpegIMG_3456.jpeg.2dceb9658270ffe9a63baab98b7c152d.jpegIMG_3455.thumb.jpeg.9b9dced5833a983cb880a764e913c3db.jpeg

Looks good. December looks a bit compressed to me, so you wonder if that is more of an overrunning month focused on CNE/NNE.

23 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

i'm skeptical... based on the analogs I've seen, March looks warm, but that could be the back half of the month. if Feb does turn out to be blocky (pretty good chance there), I could certainly see the first half of the month being pretty fun

If we see a February with a rather robust block I would not be surprised to see that carry deeper into March. I'd have to look back since I'm doing this from memory right now, but I feel like some of our biggest late season blocks seem to carry over into the spring months and that's when we get our brutal springs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

If we see a February with a rather robust block I would not be surprised to see that carry deeper into March. I'd have to look back since I'm doing this from memory right now, but I feel like some of our biggest late season blocks seem to carry over into the spring months and that's when we get our brutal springs. 

I suspect not, this year.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I suspect not, this year.

I hope not. I'm tired of shitty springs and it not getting hot until July and we get like 7 weeks of summer. After March 15 I'm ready for 70's and by April 15 give me 80's, May give me 90's and by June pound me with 100's. Oh and high humidity by April too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I hope not. I'm tired of shitty springs and it not getting hot until July and we get like 7 weeks of summer. After March 15 I'm ready for 70's and by April 15 give me 80's, May give me 90's and by June pound me with 100's. Oh and high humidity by April too.

not happening, James. You need to move several hundred miles south if that is your expectation.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Why does Eric never mention that the forcing is still much further west than you'd expect for an east based El Nino???

It's official! Eric Webb has canceled winter, so we a might as well spare ourselves, lol.

I hope it's a freakish cold/snow fest, not simply because I love it, but simply to hold it over Webb, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1