Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Just saw a report of 16” in Wilmington, VT on the morning news. Is that even possible this early?

I believe it, that whole town's power is out. That is a perfect spot for this setup.

Lost power here too about an hour ago, sucks. I lost 3-4 hours of white rain and still have 8-10" eyeballing.  Absurd cakeage out there.

6 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

Going to be interesting to see what happens in the next few hours.

Wish me luck heading out to do a preliminary snow blow now. Funny, our yearly continuing ed class tonight was postponed till next Wednesday evening. Just checked out the GFS and it's showing another snow storm next Wednesday and next saturday

I have no idea happening in my neighborhood. I must be trapped in some weird microclimate. There are reports all around me of 4-5”  of snow, including downtown Greenfield.  
Meanwhile I’m 5 miles northwest of town with some elevation and there’s hardly anything here. Maybe 1” of slop.  I must be in some weird shadow or temperature dam. 

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

I believe it, that whole town's power is out. That is a perfect spot for this setup.

Lost power here too about an hour ago, sucks. I lost 3-4 hours of white rain and still have 8-10" eyeballing.  Absurd cakeage out there.

Nice. I’m in BTV for an early morning doctor’s appointment, not much here. I made the cal yesterday to come up and stay so I didn’t have to deal with roads. 

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Birches already halfway to the ground. Getting some wind too. 
image.jpeg

Looks nothing like that in Bow at the moment, just 15 miles south.  I just drove to work from Rochester, where it was just starting to cover cars, through Northwood, where it looked like you in Northfield.  Elevation was/is the deciding factor.  I'd crest a hill with 3" on the road, only to get to the bottom and the roads are wet.  Moderate to heavy snow in Bow(300 yards from the merrimack river) now, starting to pile up irrespective of the valley locale

• Like 1