• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 10-11 light snow threat for SW New England.

Sey-Mour Snow

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

LFG!

It wouldn't take that much more amplification of the upper air low to start wrapping a CCB around this whole thing. Getting dangerously close to a full blown storm with that upper air look.

image.png.79cc14afbac57742df2b06947e1907e5.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I haven't shoveled anything from this storm yet, but it sure does look like something the GFS was showing days ago. Maybe it had the right idea before?

Maybe....but it can't really claim as much of a win as it might have if it never waivered....it went completely to the Euro idea by yesterday's runs only to come back AFTER the Euro came back north at 18z.

But yeah, if this comes in another tick amped, then its original idea from like D4-5 will end up not far off. It just didn't stick to its guns.

39 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It wouldn't take that much more amplification of the upper air low to start wrapping a CCB around this whole thing. Getting dangerously close to a full blown storm with that upper air look.

image.png.79cc14afbac57742df2b06947e1907e5.png

Ya I mean when I saw That image on pivotal ...I mean that usually is ..well a significant storm 

2 hours ago, Hoth said:

Oof. Goddam brutal here verbatim. Feels like one of those events where the northwest hills of Hamden  pull 4” and I’m watching mangled cat paws melt on contact. 

I feel  your pain. I'm a couple miles inland but it's usually not enough in marginal situations...whereas Killingworth/North Madision/North Guilford can pull off an inch or two. Hell, it's infuriating how often parts of LI outperforms me...just happened with the event last week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya I mean when I saw That image on pivotal ...I mean that usually is ..well a significant storm 

Deepening ULLs going underneath New England are always intriguing, so we watch for surprises.

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Maybe....but it can't really claim as much of a win as it might have if it never waivered....it went completely to the Euro idea by yesterday's runs only to come back AFTER the Euro came back north at 18z.

But yeah, if this comes in another tick amped, then its original idea from like D4-5 will end up not far off. It just didn't stick to its guns.

Reminds me of the days when models would lose a storm in the mid range, only to bring them back a day or 2 later....seems like that doesn't really happen very often anymore. Anecdotally speaking, the GFS has done fairly well in that long/mid range recently. So who knows....

1 minute ago, TalcottWx said:

335438503_621898993099417_135288621597771199_n.thumb.jpg.9df02bea29560fac864ea447aa804790.jpg

If Euro follows GFS 500 mb trends, those will also need to be boosted???  The mid/upper lvl look on the GFS is dangerously close to a big CT hit... especially the higher terrain areas of New Haven, Fairfield, Litchfield and western Hartford counties... 

Just now, FXWX said:

If Euro follows GFS 500 mb trends, those will also need to be boosted???  The mid/upper lvl look on the GFS is dangerously close to a big CT hit... especially the higher terrain areas of New Haven, Fairfield, Litchfield and western Hartford counties... 

Definitely what is being watched.