• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 10-11 light snow threat for SW New England.

Sey-Mour Snow

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol…exactly my point the whole time with this.  Euro now has .50” of precip here. Should I believe it…cuz everybody keeps telling me it’s the best model hands down? Lmfao… 

It is, but thats not saying much either. I mean you couldnt honestly put any model above it right? Maybe you could argue the GFS but that would be it. And my opinion its still #2 but maybe not by as much as it used to be.

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

It is, but thats not saying much either. I mean you couldnt honestly put any model above it right? Maybe you could argue the GFS but that would be it. And my opinion its still #2 but maybe not by as much as it used to be.

Depending on the situation, I would personally put the GFS slightly ahead of it myself (God, that STILL hurts to say) But you hit the nail on the head... they're all lacking. The number 2 analogy kinda works for me regarding guidance and the overall pattern we're in

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Ya that’s what I’ve been saying/meaning with regard to your last sentence.

So according to the latest Euro I get solid advisory snow here Friday night.  ?  Let’s see if the GFS jumps back on board? 

30 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That’s an interesting move by a model that typically doesn’t make big moves. We’ll see shortly if the NAM can come in with a big bump too…I’d be inclined to think it’s real if it does. 

Majority of EPS members look very similar.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Well it matches the other NAM now. Leaves a lot to be desired but it’s the NAM lol .. if euro holds serve at 00z I’ll definitely be more interested.  Wouldn’t hurt to see the gfs bump up some more too. 

GFS was juiced up, then cut back lil by lil after the Euro went south. Now Euro wigs out and swings it back up in here lol….crazy shit! 

If the Euro doesn’t hold serve at 0z, that’s a shitty way to flip flop at 2 days lead…not a very stable look for the best model…

Yeah it’s decent… It closes off that 500 mb surface there … implies bit of in situ frontogenic forcing. Even hints IVT convergence  

NYC does well … even though it has tosnow at 12 in./hr to stick anywhere downtown at this time of year in that thermal cauldron of a city