• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 10-11 light snow threat for SW New England.

Sey-Mour Snow

Friday night's event has a few things going for it. Upper level low is tracking a bit farther north and it dives right over NYC which is always interesting for areas just north. 

Also, the GFS is showing some impressive snow growth under the heavier band with max lift right around -15c.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some 10 spots in SE NY or even SW CT. 

download.png

bufkitprofile.png

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Friday night's event has a few things going for it. Upper level low is tracking a bit farther north and it dives right over NYC which is always interesting for areas just north. 

Also, the GFS is showing some impressive snow growth under the heavier band with max lift right around -15c.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some 10 spots in SE NY or even SW CT. 

download.png

bufkitprofile.png

There's definite upside bust potential in W CT with that ULL.

Too bad there wasn't a fresher airmass in place....prob would be talking more widespread double digit potential.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

There's definite upside bust potential in W CT with that ULL.

Too bad there wasn't a fresher airmass in place....prob would be talking more widespread double digit potential.

Yeah could see some tree issues W CT and Hudson Valley too. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It already has 

The 2"-4" doesn't even make it to be where you are ( unless this things tend more birth ). I'm thinking here in Plainville. I'll get three or four inches as we're up a little bit more and elevation. I'm just not sure you're going to get three to five where you are, but I'm hoping that you do and we do as well.

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

The 2"-4" doesn't even make it to be where you are ( unless this things tend more birth ). I'm thinking here in Plainville. I'll get three or four inches as we're up a little bit more and elevation. I'm just not sure you're going to get three to five where you are, but I'm hoping that you do and we do as well.

I have seen these setups a lot in my time here. This likely gets 3” to I90

2 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

My guess is 3-6" from you on south and away from the sound out to w CT... Obviously you well see less but that range covers a lot

I don’t know that there’s ever been a storm that had snow amounts like that map in CT history. Not saying he’ll be wrong. I just don’t think that’s ever happened like that where you get 4 inches that turns into a coating for everyone east of a due north south line 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So just disappears at the river? Ok then 

I do think it will have a significant drop-off once it reaches the river; if not a bit before... focus on western third or half of CT... The dynamics are going to struggle to bodily shift into eastern CT...