Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

7 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

I think the fact we are now ~5 days from go and it's still relatively been steadfast across all suites is a plus this season... just hold serve and I believe most on the forum will cash in on something

I hope this does hold serve and I finally get a larger storm out here in NW CT.

17 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

As we get closer, we could probably really start focusing on the potential for dynamic cooling to negate a subpar initial airmass. In these solutions were seeing airmass wouldn't be a huge concern as the degree of dynamic cooling would probably be pretty significant. 

Thanks bud. 18” of mash is better than 24” of fluff anyway, especially in mid march. 

• Like 3

Focusing on just the southern stream here, but I wonder if one big key is how convective active it becomes along and ahead of the front Saturday and Sunday within the Tennessee Valley/Southeast. Both GFS and Euro are quite active, however, the Euro is more robust. Looks like with this more robust activity and a stronger southern vort. it helps to pump up heights off the EC and leads to the better phase interaction between the two streams with better digging of the northern vort

1 minute ago, JoeSnowBOS said:

So what are you expecting for east of 495/ east/south east New England?  

All that matters now is how each model (and subsequent runs) continue to handle the evolution of the northern stream and southern stream. All you're looking for is consistency regarding evolution and trying to eliminate scenarios and hone in on as few scenarios as possible. the verbatim details of temp profiles, p-type, QPF, etc. are irrelevant at this stage.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

East of 495 is a broad statement. Many towns east of 495 are inland a ways. 

Yeah I'm technically east of 495 but very close to it...and some other spots with a little bit of elevation too.

33 minutes ago, KTBFFH1905 said:

Same here. It is looking more an more promising. Would be nice to ski at Sundown on some actual real snow :ski:

Ever been in the secret glade off of the left of gun barrel? You need a shit ton of fresh, but it is a beautiful top to bottom maintained glade. Staff must thin it and maintain it in the off season. It’s as good a glade area you’ll find in the northeast. Don’t be seen going in, they’ll pull your pass. But it’s quite worth it when conditions allow it.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I'm technically east of 495 but very close to it...and some other spots with a little bit of elevation too.

Then you have areas like mine, which are right on 495 and relatively close to the ocean, but due to the angle of the coastline have very limited marine influence.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

right ...the N and S ends of 495 are quite a bit closer to the coast than the W-NW arc of that civil layout.

it's kind of why the distinction of 'beyond 495' sort of tacitly really means NW of the tangent to that arc ... like this I guess

image.png.2425cfe2aaabd68c651fca6eda97024c.png

...But is obviously negotiable at the southern end of that bold line... and also it's not a hard transition axis either - there's fiddle room depending on circumstances..

Declaration of PTYPE is premature IMO att. It's all dependent on how the atmospheric chaos shakes-out. Everything is still on the table.
Signal is strong, repeat SIGNAL IS STRONG. Based on ENSEMBLES and models coming to an agreement (somewhat) this event has a fantastic chance to produce.
One must consider a huge gradient with man-sized CF. Watch the winds and flooding coastal tides if the storm achieves its potential.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Then you have areas like mine, which are right on 495 and relatively close to the ocean, but due to the angle of the coastline have very limited marine influence.

My point is coastal SNE will be rain.   Where the rain/snow line is inland TBD but it will be a ways out.  No denying that - let’s just be honest with this set up and it’s mid March, and the entirety of winter has been this way to

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

right ...the N and S ends of 495 are quite a bit closer to the coast than the W-NW arc of that civil layout.

it's kind of why the distinction of 'beyond 495' sort of tacitly really means NW of the tangent to that arc ... like this I guess

image.png.2425cfe2aaabd68c651fca6eda97024c.png

image.png.68d2ecd9f5b28e7fe9df10bb6f2ad8de.png

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Down here thinking mostly rain but if trends are more off shore could see some snow. Other than the 1” of snow last week we are pretty dry down here with frost mostly through so think 1-2” of rain here would be a non issue.

Beer? You should get a minimum of 6-8” there. And probably more 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Y'all are crazy throwing snow amounts out LOL. Good luck.

Yeah wait until at least Saturday, lol....this could be ripping up the CT valley for all we know by tomorrow. If we keep the general model clustering close to the BM/outer Cape region today, then I'd start to get a little more confident, but we're still in that precarious window at D4.5ish