Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 4 2023 Storm Obs

MaineJayhawk

1 minute ago, wx2fish said:

I think we can still add a little  but itll become mroe rate dependent.  Those echoes to southwest are the ones to watch as they build ENE. Hrrr/Rap both still enhance those across southern NH for a few hours later this morning. 

GYX was saying maybe lightened rates later this morning but then heavier again as we pivot in the afternoon.  I wasn’t thinking there would be a significant pivot point with this one but the secondary is coming up towards the cape I think instead of due East.  I think my lull is ending here as snow growth is improving and snow intensifying.

11 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

6” as of 6:30.  Snow has lightened but viz low due to wind.  Dense snow as it is 32.  Radar ragged with holes appearing but it is supposed to fill in and get heavy again.  We’ll see

Look at ENX when you want to see what’s to our west

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

Is that Keene?  I am using GYX and wunderground radar so they are kinda shitty.  You think it looks good?

ENX is Albany. We’re on the SW edge of GYX coverage so you’re not going to see what’s coming in from the west very well.  Some of this is VT shenanigans, but it’ll improve. 
AA7EB1E3-74E8-40EF-A613-C9D5A1DB3D4F.gif

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its just puking snow, 1-2"/hr rates at 33dbz's.

RAD_KGYX_N0R_ANI.gif

I think that intense band moved through here while I was sleeping because it wasn’t much happening at 1 o’clock but then there was a lot of snow at 4 o’clock. Maybe you max it up there if it stalls a bit and pivots over you

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

ENX is Albany. We’re on the SW edge of GYX coverage so you’re not going to see what’s coming in from the west very well.  Some of this is VT shenanigans, but it’ll improve. 
AA7EB1E3-74E8-40EF-A613-C9D5A1DB3D4F.gif

Yeah, I don’t think we’re by any means near done but it’s really a question of whether we get three or four more inches or 6 to 10 more inches. Either way we should have our best snowpack of the year by this evening. I was already close to 20 in some parts of the woods. 

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Yeah, I don’t think we’re by any means near done but it’s really a question of whether we get three or four more inches or 6 to 10 more inches. Either way we should have our best snowpack of the year by this evening. I was already close to 20 in some parts of the woods. 

It’s snowing moderately here with good growth right now. HRRR has about another 1/2” of QPF after 7am so 10-12” looks good. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Connecticut Appleman said:

Looks like a bit of everything falling out of the sky here in New Hartford with 3 inches of concrete on the ground.  31 degrees right now.

This should be interesting to snowblow…

just went out and shoveled a path to the stairs and it's definitely concrete, measured almost 4 though, can't imagine much more falling as radar looks like garbage upstream